Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is tonight a season defining game?

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Two games ago Huddersfield were breathing down our neck and we were nervously looking over our shoulder. Now however, it is Huddersfield who are nervously looking over their shoulder at Leeds and reading. Saying that, losing tonight and win for the others could make things interesting .......

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Be good psychologically to go ahead of Newcastle YET again.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
No. The fightback at St. Andrews was season defining. At least it was one of many season defining games this season. Even if we lose and hudds win it's another game chalked off. I think we will win though, and also I think Huddersfield will bottle it too. That should really be it if that does happen.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
it feels extra important to me, for us to get a12 point lead over Hudds even with 2 games in hand for them is a huge advantage with games running out.

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
We're on the home straight. Important but not season defining.

I feel more relaxed about tonight then I have done about any game since the middle of Jan.

I've even started to feel quietly confident that we'll be up, in contrast to a month ago when I was convinced we would blow it ... I hope I don't have to eat these words.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
These last few games and the next 5 or so are a bit like a penalty shootout. In one of these it is generally better to go first. Our series of Friday games will give us the chance to put tremendous pressure on the others while we won't be under as much. I think by the time we've played Norwich we'll be promoted - or just about. After that it's the race to the title.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Tonight is the night to crush the spirits of the chasing peloton.

@Statbrother will be mortified by the thought of a Peloton being crushed...

2017-04-04-16-01-41--1634868687.jpg

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Another small step towards the finishing line, which will look like a leap to Huddersfield and others providing we win.

Which would set us up nicely for Friday night.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Win tonight and Huddersfield will need 5 games to overtake us.

We are 3 wins away from it being near impossible for them to catch us (even if they match these wins) unless you believe they will win every remaining game and we will lose 4.

So it is important, but not season defining.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Don't know about season defining, but certainly a very important game going into the final stages of the season. With other favourable results going our way, and a win tonight we could we be celebrating soon. I am holding out for a Wigan after-game party in the NS. :albion2:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
There will be one season-defining game. The one in which we win or blow automatic promotion.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I reckon it is pretty significant. Huddersfield should have left themselves too much to do with Saturdays defeat. We want to confirm that, win and give a bit of breathing space for the odd dodgy result. We do not want a defeat and the added pressure on some challenging away fixtures. I could then imagine some hard defending, yellow cards for Dunk, suspension and it going down to the wire. No let's avoid that and keep a clean sheet whilst claiming a goal or two.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I'm of the opinion that we'll be mathematically promoted when the full time whistle blows in Huddersfield's game in hand. We won't even be playing and we'll be promoted. There's several opportunities for this to happen, so while I'm eagerly anticipating (and praying) for a Brighton win - I won't be wetting myself if we lose. Just no injuries or suspensions please.

Worst case we lose and Hudds win on Sat.. its as you were with very, very little road left..

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I don't think any match thus far could be described as season-defining, but I think Saturday's match vs Blackburn will come to be regarded as the pivotal point of the season. We won without playing well while Huddersfield lost a heartbreaker and Leeds blew a chance to go third and put pressure on those above them.

Tonight is a match we can now afford to draw. We have breathing space and I feel that will give the players freedom. We should be too strong for Birmingham.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here