Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

86 Points will be enough

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I do accept the idea of resting players, but you can still win games when you do that. Anyone that comes in for Huddersfield will want to impress and keep their place. Their reserves drew with Man City (and it wasn't a bad City side).

It's as good a time as any to give them more of a run out with a chance to impress and be selected in the playoffs.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
I reckon if we finish above 3rd place then that will be enough points. Just a feeling I have.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
If we win tomorrow and Huddersfield don't on Wednesday, it may well become more about how close Reading or Leeds can get to us...

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I reckon if we finish above 3rd place then that will be enough points. Just a feeling I have.

I also think that we might go up even if we don't finish top.

I think most teams who finished second have managed that in recent times.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well to be honest I wasn't that scientific about it, just noticed that Newcastle (who are actually quite decent) only got 15 points in their last 8 games. So that would leave Huddersfield on 86 if they achieved the same feat.....but their goal difference and poor last performance (their manager's words) put even that in doubt. I doubt those behind Huddersfield can do much better than that either.

Oh also I looked at Huddersfield's fixtures and they look a bit tricky so I think they would do well to get 86.

Would you mind doing my lottery numbers for me this weekend? I think we could be on to a winner :cheers:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Its a Squad Game in the Championship

It
Indeed. Hudds have rotated players all season. Mostly it's been effective enough although resting both Kachunga and Wells on Saturday probably cost them 3 points. Wagner wont change over the next 8 games.

Hudds do seem to rotate players a bit, but Hudds fans said it was more to do with integrating new foreign signings.

This season:

Brighton 21 players regularly, 7 occasionally,
Last season 25 regularly, 7 occasionally,
2014-15, 27 regulars, 7 occasional,
2013-14, 26 regulars, 7 occasional,

Newcastle 20 players regularly, 8 occasionally,

Huddersfield 24 players regularly, 1 occasionally,

With the Albion its more like a fixed squad and change because of lots of injuries.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Easter Monday, pitch invasion, but a part of me will miss Millard on the tannoy telling us all to get off. (Welling up thinking about it, promotion and pitch invasion that is rather than Tony Millard)

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Of course, but they're are unwritten rules. Don't, for example, start the match day thread tomorrow. If you don't believe our fate is somewhat influenced by the gods, then you're a little dead inside.

Agreed, that's why we have been gifted "the beautiful game", that's why next season we may beat Premier League giants on a wet Tuesday evening or draw Lincoln City in the cup and lose.

I'm predicting a nervous 1-0 tonight

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Well to be honest I wasn't that scientific about it, just noticed that Newcastle (who are actually quite decent) only got 15 points in their last 8 games. So that would leave Huddersfield on 86 if they achieved the same feat.....but their goal difference and poor last performance (their manager's words) put even that in doubt. I doubt those behind Huddersfield can do much better than that either.

Oh also I looked at Huddersfield's fixtures and they look a bit tricky so I think they would do well to get 86.

5LGURxV.gif

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
FFS... one game at a time, and don't tempt fate...

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I'm going to stick up for the OP and say he is bang on the money. When the season is over 86pts will be enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here