Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How are they going to top this?

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Not sure how they can top it.. However hopefully this season's will have a happy ending -- and Titanic music.

Everything is better with Titanic music

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
That video of the fans at Fulham is amazing still. One of the best away days I have been to for a long time. Watching the videos back it still annoys me how we didn't go up last season, or at least get in the play off final. I have to admit I didn't think we would be where we were now considering how much stronger the league is this season. Will be even more sweeter when we clinch it.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Anyone got a link to the dunk goal at Fulham video that was doing the rounds on twitter from the home end by any chance?

Edit - Found earlier in thread!

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Last year was romance, this year seems like destiny (although it's the Albion so anything can happen). And that video makes me sad that whatever happened to Wilson happened - he had so much potential (unlike another loan striker we know)

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I went to Newcastle all those years ago and never thought that it could be capped.
all that season we were so excited, there are only two left of the four and I am sure wherever they are they are happy seeing the total togetherness of the whole club.
that moment we get there I will cry only for those two who will not see it at the new ground they both so wanted.

I will feel privileged to have been around for not one but two jumps to the promised land

ONWARDS and UPWARDS

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
My son bought the Embrace album for a quid last week & has had that track on in the car all the time since. Gave me goosebumps going past the Amex with it blasting out, even without the images to go with it.

Its definitely become "our tune"

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Last season was BONKERS, mainly because of what had happened the season before. If we were all being honest with ourselves, we would have looked at 15/16 as a year of consolidation, with maybe a little FLIRT with the play-offs, ending with a comfortable finish in, say 9th place. This season would have been the real tilt at promotion.

After the excitement of 15/16, we are maybe sub-consciously almost expecting things to go right, hence the crazy reactions when the team have the absolute NERVE to drop points.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
It's amazing how this season and last have been without doubt the best quality wise in my time of following the club but also definitely the most uncomfortable. I find it very difficult to enjoy because the prospect of failure is just too painful. I sometimes worry about the effect it can have on my emotions. If we make it this year there will be scenes.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
It's amazing how this season and last have been without doubt the best quality wise in my time of following the club but also definitely the most uncomfortable. I find it very difficult to enjoy because the prospect of failure is just too painful. I sometimes worry about the effect it can have on my emotions. If we make it this year there will be scenes.

100% agree, I've never had the football results so directly effect my mood for the day or two after. It was awful towards April last year and it ebbed and flowed until about Xmas where it's all so early on and it's slowly got worse in this final run in. My Mrs will probably be as happy as I will be if we do it because I won't be a miserable shit.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
100% agree, I've never had the football results so directly effect my mood for the day or two after. It was awful towards April last year and it ebbed and flowed until about Xmas where it's all so early on and it's slowly got worse in this final run in. My Mrs will probably be as happy as I will be if we do it because I won't be a miserable shit.

Totally this - and the results have a major impact on my sleep patterns. If we win its usually ok because I'm shitfaced and I just pass pout with a smile on my face. If we lose, irrespective of how much I've drunk, sleep is impossible and I just replay the bad moments of the game again and again and again and calculate all the various table permutations and crank up my dislike for Leeds, Reading and lately Huddersfield as well and so it goes on and on!

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield

Quite agree, I regularly have to try and stop myself from getting too wound up by it all. I successfully switched off for a few weeks after the Leeds game but generally it's very difficult to do. It's very stressful when there's so much at stake. Hopefully we'll win the next few and it will all be quite comfortable after that

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Quite agree, I regularly have to try and stop myself from getting too wound up by it all. I successfully switched off for a few weeks after the Leeds game but generally it's very difficult to do. It's very stressful when there's so much at stake. Hopefully we'll win the next few and it will all be quite comfortable after that

Hopefully! Saturday was such a relief as we did our job and unbelievably someone helped us out too. Leeds away was not the end of the world but it was such a good opportunity that we seemed to cock up. Last season, after the Derby game I pretty much thought we'd blown it. Post-Boro, the sight of Rosenior crying his eyes out on the pitch to me suggested we were not going to recover from getting so close. Despite the atmosphere in the second play off leg, I simply wouldn't let myself believe that we could do it. It was just easier that way. However, last month, when we were top, I really started to believe it was going to happen, and I was therefore practically in tears at the end of the Newcastle home game. I'm paying a flying visit for tomorrow night's game, which will be my last this season. This thread has pretty much singlehandedly ensured that I will not be thinking about much else until 7.45pm tomorrow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here