Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How are they going to top this?

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Even the player of the season promo one they did before the game on Saturday got me going. What a season it's been. There have been so many 'moments' this season and a few more yet to come.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Even the player of the season promo one they did before the game on Saturday got me going. What a season it's been. There have been so many 'moments' this season and a few more yet to come.

Funny you say that...

One of the discussions we had on Saturday was whether this season was as "special" as last. For some reason, to me at least, it feels less so, although i did venture that the international break had stifled things somewhat.

The happy ending that IS coming will make it more special ultimately.

(I wish we'd gone up last year - for Calde, for Bobby, for GG and for sobbing Bruno.)

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Funny you say that...

One of the discussions we had on Saturday was whether this season was as "special" as last. For some reason, to me at least, it feels less so, although i did venture that the international break had stifled things somewhat.

The happy ending that IS coming will make it more special ultimately.

(I wish we'd gone up last year - for Calde, for Bobby, for GG and for sobbing Bruno.)

I do agree. Everything just felt right last season, and the whole club came together in quite a special way following Shoreham. And at the start of the year, none of us thought we'd be anywhere near where we ended up. So the unexpected element made it feel all the more special.

Wins tomorrow and Friday, and we could see some absolute scenes on the terraces from Wolves onwards.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I was ok with that video, but Liam's 'chin up' and badge grabbing right at the end just got me...

I think the only way to top last season would be to go up. Last season we had so many highlights that we have carried on throiugh to this season:

- Hemed: Not first choice, but reliable and will get us goals.
- Kayal & Stephens cementing themselves as possibly the best CM pairing in the division
- Stockdale silencing his critics and becoming such an important part of the club, both on and off-field.
- Dunk stepping up and being the player we all knew he could be (rash mistakes aside)
- One last season with Bobby Z and all he contributed
- Our last season with Greer and Calde :(
- Solly emerging as an outstanding talent (until the injury)
- How everyone came together post-Shoreham. I think that was a defining moment for the club, when #together finally meant something more than the club possibly expected.

It was one hell of a season.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I'd say it is definitely as special, we've had some amazing moments this year which makes it special, I think people might think it less so because A. It was expected for us to push on rather than the unexpected run we went on and B. the massive amount of flash points at the end of the season.

We've had Wednesday win away, Norwich dismantling, the Leeds drama and win, the incredible end at Birmingham, another great awayday at Fulham, the overcoming the odds at home to Wednesday, the loss to Lincoln and the subsequent slump, the worrying and the drama with that, the Hemed 3-3 at Brentford, the 50/50 win loss type record since Newcastle leaving everyone constantly shitting themselves and watching Hudders below. The Stockers peno saves, the Sidwell halfway line goal, Knockys dad and the passion there along with the rest of the club going to France. I reckon I have probably missed some too but this season has had just as much if not more drama and passion in it than last year. Expect at LEAST one more last minute goal for or against us to cause drama too.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Wow - that's a lump in the throat video !!! It's also made me realise that we must get promotion this season - not for me, not for anyone on NSC, not for anyone at the Amex, not for Bruno, not for the other players, not for CH nor even for Tony but for Matthew and Jacob ...... time to do it boys !!!!

Big_Unit

Sep 5, 2011
Hove
I do agree. Everything just felt right last season, and the whole club came together in quite a special way following Shoreham. And at the start of the year, none of us thought we'd be anywhere near where we ended up. So the unexpected element made it feel all the more special.

Wins tomorrow and Friday, and we could see some absolute scenes on the terraces from Wolves onwards.

Agree completely with this.

This is the video (not mine) that encapsulates best what last season felt like, for me (audio required 100%!!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQDifL7clus

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here