Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The big issues - how do you stand on the Great Blue v Red passport debate

Red or Blue???

• F****s not given either way

Votes: 82 56.2%
  • Blue and with a profile of Churchill's head thereon to show those foreign Johnnies.

Votes: 41 28.1%
  • Leave it the same to remind us of what we have lost by leaving

Votes: 23 15.8%

• Total voters

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
And it perfectly illustrates how the young people of the UK have been ****ed over by the older generations who voted to leave the EU.

And that is saying that the older generations have no right to a vote. Sadly the remainers just can't get over democracy.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Nigel Farage and the Daily Express seem to be getting aroused by the prospect, see earlier posting. Says it all really.

Oh, I'm well aware of who's drumming it up. It's more why anyone cares about the colour, regardless. Obviously Farage cares because it's something to bang on about and get press, but why on earth does anyone else? It's just the bloody colour of cover.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Anyone who cares about the colour of their passport is an embarrassment to the human race.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
And that is saying that the older generations have no right to a vote. Sadly the remainers just can't get over democracy.

You've just demonstrated the exact opposite.

In a democracy, people can disagree.

Saying that older people have benefited from 40 years of EU-inspired peace, stability and prosperity, then pulled up the drawbridge for younger generations who have grown up as European citizens and will now have it snatched from them is a perfectly legitimate opinion. And it is absolutely nothing like saying 'older people shouldn't have a vote'. You have set this up a straw man to close down discussion.

And this KEEPS happening. Since last June. People who support Brexit try to close down discussion by saying 'we won, that's democracy', whenever anyone points out any of the consequences of leaving the EU, or asks about the practicalities.

Now tell me who can't get over democracy.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

Saying that older people have benefited from 40 years of EU-inspired peace, stability and prosperity, then pulled up the drawbridge for younger generations who have grown up as European citizens and will now have it snatched from them is a perfectly legitimate opinion. And it is absolutely nothing like saying 'older people shouldn't have a vote'. You have set this up a straw man to close down discussion.

And this KEEPS happening. Since last June. People who support Brexit try to close down discussion by saying 'we won, that's democracy', whenever anyone points out any of the consequences of leaving the EU, or asks about the practicalities.

In a nutshell.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
You missed out a significant part of the post you replied to:

"I could get an Italian passport tomorrow, no questions asked but I really can't be bothered, because nobody is going to stop you travelling to Europe when we leave the EU."

Bit selective that, eh?

Actually, you're the one missing the point. Of course we will still be able to travel to the EU after we leave. That isn't the issue. The issue, as Was not Was wrote, is the ability to live/work/study across Europe as of right, in a spirit of shared citizenship. This doesn't matter to you, but it does matter to others.

(On the subject of passport colours, I much prefer navy blue to insipid maroon but the thought of the Sun & Mail & Express and all their slavering apologists making a Land of Hope & Glory song and dance about it made me vote to keep the maroon. The answer, of course, is for the EU to change the colour of its passports to blue. That would shaft Farage.)

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

And there you have it, answered your own hatred of the first past the post referendum. Brexit won, this is democracy. How can it be viewed any differently? Why after winning would the Brexiteers have to put up with constant whining from those that don't agree with it? Fine, don't agree with it, but be man enough to accept the vote of the people without having to pull out sections of those that may or may not have voted for what you believe is your God given right. Remain lost, it really is that simple.

D

Deleted member 22389

My wife studied for part of her degree in France in the 90s, she was living with an Australian and American at the time. If non EU residents can live,work and study in France then so can we. Nobody is going to block us.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Please don't blame the older generation, as I know a lot of older people like me who voted Remain.

This thread will be merged with the huge Brexit thread in 5.4.3.2.1 seconds

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
You missed out a significant part of the post you replied to:

"I could get an Italian passport tomorrow, no questions asked but I really can't be bothered, because nobody is going to stop you travelling to Europe when we leave the EU."

Bit selective that, eh?

Erm, and his post failed to address any of the issues in the post he was replying to; to work, live and study in the Eu, not simply travel.
He didn't miss a significant part of the post, he skyed it into row z.
Bit selective that eh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
My wife studied for part of her degree in France in the 90s, she was living with an Australian and American at the time. If non EU residents can live,work and study in France then so can we. Nobody is going to block us.

Plenty of Brits emigrate to work/study/ live in Australia/US/Canada/New Zealand .. plenty of young people travel around the world ... we don't have free movement arrangements with these countries ... how is this possible.

I'll make a bold prediction, plenty of young people will still be able to work/study/live in EU countries after 2019. :ohmy:

It will be interesting to see how many (if any) of the concerns around 'crashing' out on WTO rules or planes being grounded or young people's futures being ******, or Scotland/N Ireland leaving or losing Gibralter or bonfire of workers rights or the next one ... and the next one .... actually occur.

:rolleyes:

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
And there you have it, answered your own hatred of the first past the post referendum. Brexit won, this is democracy. How can it be viewed any differently? Why after winning would the Brexiteers have to put up with constant whining from those that don't agree with it? Fine, don't agree with it, but be man enough to accept the vote of the people without having to pull out sections of those that may or may not have voted for what you believe is your God given right. Remain lost, it really is that simple.

Brexiteers whined for 40 years. They were never told that they didn't have a right to an opinion. So why are they trying to tell me that I can't?

The result of an advisory referendum doesn't prevent people having contrary views, any more than a General Election result does. You're like a Boro fan spending the past year telling us we should all be supporting them now because they won promotion.

On top of that, you are (deliberately, I suspect) confusing 'having an opinion' with 'not accepting the result'.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Brexiteers whined for 40 years. They were never told that they didn't have a right to an opinion. So why are they trying to tell me that I can't?

The result of an advisory referendum doesn't prevent people having contrary views, any more than a General Election result does. You're like a Boro fan spending the past year telling us we should all be supporting them now because they won promotion.

On top of that, you are (deliberately, I suspect) confusing 'having an opinion' with 'not accepting the result'.

Yes, ok. :flounce:

D

Deleted member 22389

Plenty of Brits emigrate to work/study/ live in Australia/US/Canada/New Zealand .. plenty of young people travel around the world ... we don't have free movement arrangements with these countries ... how is this possible.

I'll make a bold prediction, plenty of young people will still be able to work/study/live in EU countries after 2019. :ohmy:

It will be interesting to see how many (if any) of the concerns around 'crashing' out on WTO rules or planes being grounded or young people's futures being ******, or Scotland/N Ireland leaving or losing Gibralter or bonfire of workers rights or the next one ... and the next one .... actually occur.

:rolleyes:

Completely agree. I think everything will work out just fine.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
Please don't blame the older generation, as I know a lot of older people like me who voted Remain.

This thread will be merged with the huge Brexit thread in 5.4.3.2.1 seconds

And by the same token not all young people had been brainwashed by the pro-EU propaganda into voting remain. A substantial number voted for freedom from that rotten organisation.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

No it doesn't. It is asking whether older people considered their children and grandchildren when voting in the referendum, or talked to them about it. My daughter-in-law was disgusted at how her parents voted.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Very well put.

I shall probably be....... jolly rude to the next person who says to me "you lost, get over it."

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well said sir. Almost brings a tear to the eye .. knew you would see the light eventually.

384DBE5900000578-0-image-m-69_1473809997618.jpg

:salute:
So that's blue, not black?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
No it doesn't. It is asking whether older people considered their children and grandchildren when voting in the referendum, or talked to them about it. My daughter-in-law was disgusted at how her parents voted.

I have no children, therefore no grand children, does that mean my vote is insignificant?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here