Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have Sky got it wrong?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
10 points from the next four games could see Wigan at home being the promotion game.
And it's the only game they're NOT showing.

For party planners here's the lowdown, presuming Leeds & Reading are out.
Earliest party will be Friday 14th April IF we win all three and Udders lose two from Norwich (H), Forest (A) & PNE (H).
Monday 17th and if we still need to reach 90 then Wigan at home game is another opportunity. Udders play after us at 5:00 away to Derby (Sky). Stock up the Amex bars.
Friday 21st. Really, Udders still to drop 5 points? So the traveling 1000's go onwards to Norwich. If both Udders & BHA are still winning all our games then this is the game to get to 95pts, the maximum Udders can achieve. Uncle Tony has bought us a pint to celebrate as well.
Saturday 22nd. You really think it's going this far? OK so Udders play at home to Fulham at 3 pm. Game number five in a row they must win or another game to drop points?
Wednesday 26th. By now poor Udders are dead on their feet but have an extra game to play (oh, and not on Sky at the moment). Game six in three weeks and winning them all?
Saturday 29th. OMG It's Udders playing their third game since the players of BHA muddied their boots. They travel to Birmingham (to be honest they are probably still there after Wolves a few days before). Game seven and with a 100% record they deserve to go up. BHA play at 5:30 with the party in full swing.
Sunday 7th May Cancelled. No, wait. It's down to the last game 'Who will go up as Champions', BHA or Newcastle?

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
10 points from the next four games could see Wigan at home being the promotion game.

Earliest party will be Friday 14th April IF we win all three and Udders lose two from Norwich (H), Forest (A) & PNE (H).
Monday 17th and if we still need to reach 90 then Wigan at home game is another opportunity. Udders play after us at 5:00 away to Derby (Sky). Stock up the Amex bars.
Friday 21st. Really, Udders still to drop 5 points? So the traveling 1000's go onwards to Norwich. If both Udders & BHA are still winning all our games then this is the game to get to 95pts, the maximum Udders can achieve. Uncle Tony has bought us a pint to celebrate as well.
Saturday 22nd. You really think it's going this far? OK so Udders play at home to Fulham at 3 pm. Game number five in a row they must win or another game to drop points?
Wednesday 26th. By now poor Udders are dead on their feet but have an extra game to play (oh, and not on Sky at the moment). Game six in three weeks and winning them all?
Saturday 29th. OMG It's Udders playing their third game since the players of BHA muddied their boots. They travel to Birmingham (to be honest they are probably still there after Wolves a few days before). Game seven and with a 100% record they deserve to go up. BHA play at 5:30 with the party in full swing.
Sunday 7th May Cancelled. No, wait. It's down to the last game 'Who will go up as Champions', BHA or Newcastle?

But Leeds and Reading are not out. In terms of mathematical confirmation at least one of the three is likely to delay any potential celebration until at least Wigan, probably further.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1

That hurts my head. Think I'll just turn up to each game and take it as it comes. Still can't bring myself to party plan yet.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Anyone who doesn't think it will go down to the wire hasn't followed the Albion long. Survivors from the next 6 weeks will experience a long, stretched, drawn-out and special kind of agony not witnessed since Guy Fawkes got done for inappropriate storage.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
How many work hours will be lost looking at league tables, remaining fixtures and working out what happens if this or that team win or draw or are defeated.

At least its up to us rather then relying on others

Jim in the West

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
How many work hours will be lost looking at league tables, remaining fixtures and working out what happens if this or that team win or draw or are defeated.

At least its up to us rather then relying on others

I am trying to work this morning, and have just wasted 45 mins - after promising myself a 5 minute break on NSC. It is unbelievably addictive....

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
Jun 27, 2012
Anyone who doesn't think it will go down to the wire hasn't followed the Albion long. Survivors from the next 6 weeks will experience a long, stretched, drawn-out and special kind of agony not witnessed since Guy Fawkes got done for inappropriate storage.

As long ago as er, 2010/11 we were promoted to the Champ at the Dagenham & Redbridge match with 5 games to go.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Can't be bothered with ifs buts and maybes. All I focus on right now is win 5 out of remaining 7 and we're promoted.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Just caught Alan McInally on Talkshite saying..."If you backed Newcastle to win the league, you should start forming an orderly queue now"

Fair enough!

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Have already booked Tuesday 18th April off and told the missus not to expect me home until the wee hours on Bank Holiday Monday. Confidence people..Confidence!

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Like most, I've wasted a lot of time mulling over the permutations and I keep finding myself returning to the thought that Huddersfiled will average 2 points per game for their remaining 8 games. This would give them a final haul of 87 points. So I'm now thinking / hoping that 3 more wins for us MIGHT just be enough to see us over the line ! But I'm also realistic to know it's never that straightforward - especially when following the Albion ! UTA !

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Have already booked Tuesday 18th April off and told the missus not to expect me home until the wee hours on Bank Holiday Monday. Confidence people..Confidence!

Good shout. I'm going to book that in as a working from home day #forwardplanning

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Like most, I've wasted a lot of time mulling over the permutations and I keep finding myself returning to the thought that Huddersfiled will average 2 points per game for their remaining 8 games. This would give them a final haul of 87 points. So I'm now thinking / hoping that 3 more wins for us MIGHT just be enough to see us over the line ! But I'm also realistic to know it's never that straightforward - especially when following the Albion ! UTA !

Should our average points per game remain roughly consistent, Brighton would reach 90 points after the away game at Norwich.

Huddersfield continuing their average would mean they would reach a position where they could not beat 90 points in one of their next two games after our game at Norwich either at home to Fulham the next day, or away to Wolves in Midweek.

If points hauls were to remain consistent we would be promoted sometime that week without playing. Bristol City at home would be the party, but the Championship would be decided on the last day.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I've said most of the season we'll be promoted at home to Wigan, where the Amex will see its first pitch invasion......I still stands by that, home to Wigan..mark my words.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012

The last promotion we had 5years ago we strolled the league , with 5 games to go

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
Apr 5, 2014
Have we forgotten a small detail. If we were promoted early.

The Title.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here