Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Skalak out

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Next season in all probability we will lose far more games, be scrapping for relegation, get our arses whipped a few times, so make the most of what we've got now.

Lose more than 7 (seven) games all season, how very dare you.

El Pres out.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I don't think anyone can deny Skalak works hard, but I also think anyone would do well to argue he's had a good season, particularly offensively. He had a spell before Christmas where all 5 of his assists came in a short space of time, but he's barely looked like scoring or assisting since or before. Obviously, last season, his consistently excellent set pieces masked a lot of the other issues, added to the fact he scored a couple of crackers, but he's certainly not pushed on.

It's just a personal preference, but it feels like we're losing our left side as an attacking option when he starts. I would much prefer either March or Murphy out there, both of whom I think work equally as hard defensively as Skalak, but both of whom offer greater attacking balance and danger. If I'm being honest, I'm surprised Hughton didn't sub him at half time yesterday.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It's the mentality of watching us win, hearing Huddersfield lose in the 96th minute to go 9 points ahead with 7 games left and then thinking "instead of enjoying myself I'll start laying into a couple of players on NSC" that baffles me.

This is set to be a memorable season, enjoy it, party, celebrate, sing loudly, get pissed, dance like a loon, hug complete strangers and make the most of it.

Next season in all probability we will lose far more games, be scrapping for relegation, get our arses whipped a few times, so make the most of what we've got now.

The thread title isn't criticism, it says 'Skalak Out'.

This.

NSC is going to be a dreadful place next season. The whingers will be out in force.

I thought Skalak did OK yesterday, and was unlucky to be subbed as Knockaert was anonymous again (although he was being marked by 5 players at one point, so it can't have been easy).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Well keep an eye on the thread Mr Pres because I would hate to see anyone start criticising the OP

After yesterday's match was your reaction:

(a) Get ****ng in we can do this, or
(b) Skalak was okay and Akpom was pants so let's focus on that instead?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't think anyone can deny Skalak works hard, but I also think anyone would do well to argue he's had a good season, particularly offensively. He had a spell before Christmas where all 5 of his assists came in a short space of time, but he's barely looked like scoring or assisting since or before. Obviously, last season, his consistently excellent set pieces masked a lot of the other issues, added to the fact he scored a couple of crackers, but he's certainly not pushed on.

It's just a personal preference, but it feels like we're losing our left side as an attacking option when he starts. I would much prefer either March or Murphy out there, both of whom I think work equally as hard defensively as Skalak, but both of whom offer greater attacking balance and danger. If I'm being honest, I'm surprised Hughton didn't sub him at half time yesterday.
This is all a bit jumbled, which isn't a criticism, as I think it neatly explains the 'trouble with Jiri'.

Yesterday Jiri had:-

A shot parried away by the goalie
At least 2 corners land like tracer missiles on centre backs foreheads.
I believe there was a decent cross.
And defensively he was sound.
(in years gone by we'd have cut off bits of our body for the TEAM to generate that)

Yet here we are all a bit marmitey, which is odd considering his MotM performance v Derby.

For me Skalak needs a specific game/opposition to shine and that wasn't yesterday.
It'll be interesting to see how he fairs up a division, where you can argue beating players for pace is less likely across the division.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's the mentality of watching us win, hearing Huddersfield lose in the 96th minute to go 9 points ahead with 7 games left and then thinking "instead of enjoying myself I'll start laying into a couple of players on NSC" that baffles me.

This is set to be a memorable season, enjoy it, party, celebrate, sing loudly, get pissed, dance like a loon, hug complete strangers and make the most of it.

I think it's healthy to debate or criticise, even though we won. On 55 minutes, much of the crowd were frustrated and concerned, due to iffy performance and the critical need for three home points. The pressure.

The subs, Murray and the win, brightened up everyone's weekend. Lots of smiling faces.

Next season - perhaps the Board will make astute signings this Summer? I'm sure you'd agree that they would already be drawing up player quality targets for the PL, the plan being that we don't become one season relegation fodder. I don't consider WBA, Stoke, Bournemouth, Southampton and Bournemouth to be bigger clubs than us, and if they can enjoy many PL wins, season after season, so can we.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This.

NSC is going to be a dreadful place next season. The whingers will be out in force.

I thought Skalak did OK yesterday, and was unlucky to be subbed as Knockaert was anonymous again (although he was being marked by 5 players at one point, so it can't have been easy).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Houghton out.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

I think most people got your drift with your previous post EP but I understand why you feel the need to spell it out for those who don't always hear the sound of the dropping penny.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think it's healthy to debate or criticise, even though we won. On 55 minutes, much of the crowd were frustrated and concerned, due to iffy performance and the critical need for three home points. The pressure.

The subs, Murray and the win, brightened up everyone's weekend. Lots of smiling faces.

Next season - perhaps the Board will make astute signings this Summer? I'm sure you'd agree that they would already be drawing up player quality targets for the PL, the plan being that we don't become one season relegation fodder. I don't consider WBA, Stoke, Bournemouth, Southampton and Bournemouth to be bigger clubs than us, and if they can enjoy many PL wins, season after season, so can we.

Debate yes, criticise by all means, but we won!

Will we make good signings over the summer? I fervently hope so.

The clubs you mentioned all will have had 2-6 seasons in the PL should we go up. That's an extra £100-250m of spending power over the Albion.

If someone offered me 16th place now for next season, with 42 points, I'd snap their hand off.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

It seems you are channeling your inner Lincoln City:-

[tweet]848297427102781440[/tweet]

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I think he is a decent player and we need a squad of players who can do a job, not just 11 great players, plus he has a hardman haircut! (though he struggled to stay on his feet yesterday).

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Next season in all probability we will lose far more games, be scrapping for relegation, get our arses whipped a few times

What you plan to do during the International breaks, is, quite frankly, your business.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The worse kind of trolls - pick on individual players when we are on the verge of something special.
Skalak has contributed a number of assists this season.

To be fair I think on reflection I shouldn't have started this. I do, like everyone else, think yesterday, getting three points was a fantastic achievement on the back of a great Hudders result. I hold with what I say that Skalak is not good enough, but probably, in the context, wrong to start the thread. However, I take exception to 'troll'. Easy throw away comments that lack intelligence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here