Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyway, about 1901

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
ow. In which case, in my experience, he's lying. Never heard a song started or sung in 1901 beyond seagulls or Albion. It's not exactly the place to start Brighton Aces. Everyone would look at you and think you're weird.

Do the 1901 have to start songs? Is this a uber fan thing? We can, like the West Upper, Lower, East Stand and South, join in you know. It's not unheard of.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
No one really sings near me but there is plenty of shouting and some quality swearing (may I single out Superphil for his hand gestures to away fans for special praise).

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Reason I don't like is mainly because my footy mates wouldn't be able to do likewise so what's the point? It also negates from being something a bit special once in a while if you did every week. Plus can't be bothered with stupid dress codes. And then there's the intimidating silence, you can't yell and shout or sing there, it's frowned upon. But each to their own and it's enjoyable enough when have done and obviously far greater view of the game. But no, behind the goal everytime for me. Where the proper fans are ;)

ow. In which case, in my experience, he's lying. Never heard a song started or sung in 1901 beyond seagulls or Albion. It's not exactly the place to start Brighton Aces. Everyone would look at you and think you're weird.

No one really sings near me but there is plenty of shouting and some quality swearing (may I single out Superphil for his hand gestures to away fans for special praise).
By its nature, it as an area where there aren't a load of boisterous supporters. And a proportion of corporate guests. But plenty of passion, yelling and sometimes singing from the regulars.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
By its nature, it as an area where there aren't a load of boisterous supporters. And a proportion of corporate guests. But plenty of passion, yelling and sometimes singing from the regulars.

My 1901 spot was near the North stand, it was fantastic and I spent as much time watching them sing as I did watching the footy!

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I've sat in the north, west, east & 1901 on several occasions. The 1901 atmosphere near south stand is like sitting in east lower = none.

I'll pass on that

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I've sat in the north, west, east & 1901 on several occasions. The 1901 atmosphere near south stand is like sitting in east lower = none.

I'll pass on that

The atmosphere in the north west 1901 is great, because the north stand never shut up, which is also great.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here