Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Neil Redfearn laughable comment just now on 'Football On Five'

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think having Newcastle in the division this season, and being where they are, has actually done us a huge favour. Without them, the spotlight and pressure could have been a lot more. We have hardly had the whole '3 play-offs in 4 years' thing chucked at us at all.

I'd take CH, this squad, this season v media pressure any day of the week.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Redfearn is clearly biased towards Leeds players he feels connected to, but to suggest he doesn't 'know football' is risible. He a brilliant coach (not manager) who brought through a succession of excellent young players at Leeds, whilst the head of their academy.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Redfearn is clearly biased towards Leeds players he feels connected to, but to suggest he doesn't 'know football' is risible. He a brilliant coach (not manager) who brought through a succession of excellent young players at Leeds, whilst the head of their academy.

True, and he had a rough deal from them despite which he remains totally Leedscentric which means no-one exists and nothing happens outside the city boundaries. Hence his stupidity.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
You do you know that C5 can't afford real comedians:down:

Or football pundits. I mean, who else would employ the likes of Chris Iwelumo, Clinton Morrison, and Michael Gray? (Adam Virgo apart of course, but then I am biased).

Jansson and Bartley the best central defensive partnership in the Championship . . . dear oh dear oh dear.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Or football pundits. I mean, who else would employ the likes of Chris Iwelumo, Clinton Morrison, and Michael Gray? (Adam Virgo apart of course, but then I am biased).

Jansson and Bartley the best central defensive partnership in the Championship . . . dear oh dear oh dear.

To me to who.........!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
On the subject of Leeds United generally - did anyone notice how, in the wake of their slightly fortunate 2-0 win over us, they were going to hunt us down, put pressure on us etc? Their fans and former players were all saying so. Yet somehow they don't even seem to have put any pressure on their humble Yorkshire neighbours Huddersfield, and are below Reading in the table. What can possibly have gone wrong.

Mind you, this is worth reading ...

https://roblufc.org/2017/04/02/read...ds-uniteds-little-black-book-by-rob-atkinson/

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

The problem with players and managers who become pundits is that they're lazy and think that simply having played at a reasonable level gives their utterances the status of oracular pronouncements. Doing any sort of basic research would seldom occur to them. Examples abound, but my two favourites are Garth Crooks (I know, easy target), who was asked to find out about Avram Grant when he became Chelsea manager, and reported that he got on well with Roman Abramovich because he speaks Russian. That was simply made up - he doesn't. And then there was Shearer's verdict on Hatem Ben Arfa: 'No-one knows a great deal about him.' Actually, Alan, if you're being paid a considerable amount by the BBC, then it would be reasonable to expect YOU to get to know a great deal about him and tell us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here