Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Chief Sports Writer of The Daily Telegraph says Albion are going up..............

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
...because he told me tonight at Lewes station. (and he's beaten the 'c' word too, in a personal battle)

-m7i-9oe.jpg

Top bloke and a fellow man of Sussex like I am. He was interested to learn from me that Murray was offside too, as he didn't attend this afternoons game, though what I learnt from his learned opinion regarding Leicester City is too shocking to post on a family website.

Hughton is 'fantastic' though and he never saw anything (and he's seen Albion half a dozen times this season apparently) other than promotion.

This is happening. We are going up. :albion2:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Top journalist, it's heartening to have his endorsement.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
...because he told me tonight at Lewes station. (and he's beaten the 'c' word too, in a personal battle)

View attachment 83476

Top bloke and a fellow man of Sussex like I am. He was interested to learn from me that Murray was offside too, as he didn't attend this afternoons game, though what I learnt from his learned opinion regarding Leicester City is too shocking to post on a family website.

Hughton is 'fantastic' though and he never saw anything (and he's seen Albion half a dozen times this season apparently) other than promotion.

This is happening. We are going up. :albion2:

You wouldnt expect Paul Hayward to say anything else. As regards GM being offside I thought that he timed his run well and he had been pulled up numerous times by both linos so had he been offside they would have waived for it. So I would say he wasnt.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
You wouldnt expect Paul Hayward to say anything else. As regards GM being offside I thought that he timed his run well and he had been pulled up numerous times by both linos so had he been offside they would have waived for it. So I would say he wasnt.

I'm in the West Upper, right over the 6 yard box - Murray was offside. We all looked at the officials before celebrating, hence Glenn himself ssshing to the North Stand - I just wonder if the assistant in front of the East Stand had sun in his eyes?!

Who cares though now.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm in the West Upper, right over the 6 yard box - Murray was offside. We all looked at the officials before celebrating, hence Glenn himself ssshing to the North Stand - I just wonder if the assistant in front of the East Stand had sun in his eyes?!

Who cares though now.

I am seated up the other end but the officials were very quick with the flag for offside so on that basis I think he must have been onside also my son is in the Upper West and says he was definitely ONSIDE.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I am seated up the other end but the officials were very quick with the flag for offside so on that basis I think he must have been onside also my son is in the Upper West and says he was definitely ONSIDE.

BG - I think we can agree - who cares! :albion2:

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
We thought he was but replay on the big screen showed him clearly on. Felt like the only time he wasn't flagged offside all game !!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Who cares though now.

I thought the celebration was "calm down everything going to be ok"

Oh and was definitely onside, sorry

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I thought it was onside at the time, looked to be at least one defender playing him on, but who cares.

And the celebration was an absolute classic. Somewhere between a Corporal Jones 'Don't panic', and a Harry Enfield/Scousers 'Calm down, calm down'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here