Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Chief Sports Writer of The Daily Telegraph says Albion are going up..............

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I am seated up the other end but the officials were very quick with the flag for offside so on that basis I think he must have been onside also my son is in the Upper West and says he was definitely ONSIDE.

Yes. He was deffo ONSIDE (tellybox confirmation). However, I NEVER celebrate any goal of ours until the ref and mad linos have all given it. I think the 5 seconds it took me to be sure it wouldn't be chalked off, yesterday, is a personal record :lolol:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
You have had a shocker... Do we need to explain the offside rule to all JCL's?

I've been having shockers for 30 years watching Albion and if I'm still around in my late 60's, I still will.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Because I love taking high quality photographs that capture significant events like this one!

'Mobile screen' somewhat undersells these pixels captured on my Leica M (type 240) through an attached Elmarit f2.8, 90mm lens at 1000/sec, f4, ISO 1000!
Has it got a 4K, 32 inch LCD viewfinder then? :laugh:

Each to their own but I can't imagine anything worse than watching a match winning goal, worrying if I had the focus right.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He is an Albion fan though

This. I still have the cuttings of his reports on Fans United and the Hereford game somewhere (I had photocopies mounted on the wall of my office in the late 90s). He is definitely a supporter, but he's also a damned good writer.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Here are my photos from the East Upper:

1) Just before Glen receives the ball.

2) When Glen receives the ball.

The Blackburn 14, is slow to react and stays where he is after the ball has been headed trying to claim off side.

....But it was on it's way!
ON IT'S WAY......
to our Glen Murray;
then it's on it's way!! :albion2:
How did it get there?
Why is there this quest to know?
All I know is Glen CLEARLY ONSIDE fired us 1-0 on our way.....!

I take it you didn't leave your finger on the button to capture Liam Rosenior, facing us, doing a homage to Sgt Elias:-

platoon.jpg

Last edited:

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
If promotion was decided by the views of journalists, why bother with the football? It doesn't matter what anyone says, it's what happens on the pitch that decides it.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Because I love taking high quality photographs that capture significant events like this one!

'Mobile screen' somewhat undersells these pixels captured on my Leica M (type 240) through an attached Elmarit f2.8, 90mm lens at 1000/sec, f4, ISO 1000!
Did you get a shot of it going in and the celebrations at all?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Is MoS really Timmy in disguise? :lolol:
Sorry my friend but that opening posts reads as close to classic HB&B (without the spelling and grammatical mistakes of course........so on reflection not at all like him :lol:)
Stop frame on the tellybox shows Murray ONSIDE.

Last edited:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Is MoS really Timmy in disguise? :lolol:
Sorry my friend but that opening posts reads as close to classic HB&B (without the spelling and grammatical mistakes of course........so on reflection not at all like him :lol:)
Stop frame on the tellybox shows Murray ONSIDE.

Opening post was written whilst under the influence of alcohol and before seeing tellybox highlights of the goal, which was ONSIDE. :D

On reflection, me striking up a conversation with the chief sports writer of a national newspaper in the first place and offering opinions to him on a game of football whilst waiting for a train, could only happen whilst under the influence of alcohol anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here