Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Waste of Space Loan Striker Hall of Fame

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Remarkable number of loan strikers when you think about it.

If not already I'll mention Graham Barrett, an entire season of 30 games and 1 goal was it?

But the good, some crackers there

Dickov, Moulden+Cotterill, Zamora, Knight, Wood, Murray and of course sunshine on a Waynie Gray

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Getting to a point where a section of the Albion museum could be dedicated to our memorable loan strikers. The ones who have not looked interested, utter dogshite, wastes of space.

Obika
Lita
Best
Vokes
Paynter
Wilson - Debatable
And now Akpom!

Hmmm.... I give you

Mark Flatts
Barry Butlin
Darren Bent
Glenn Murray
Steve Sidwell

To name but a few . . .

Alfie87

Aug 20, 2010
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7866339 said:
We could have a hall of shame for the flops, and hall of fame for the good guys - Owusu, Zamora, Wood... anyone else?

Anthony Rougier!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
pinemonte ( spelling?)

Missed a bullet there and signed Zamora instead.

Pinamonte scored about 5 in 6 games and the whole of the South Stand at Withdean was chanting (rather treasonously) 'Italia, Italia'. His career may have evaporated like a spilled tequila under a hot Mexican sun, but he was a damned fine player during his brief time with us.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Scored from midfield. :thumbsup:

Very true. Yes . . . I overlooked the detail of the thread topic in my rush to list excellent loanees, and my face saving trump card is, in fact, fake news :wozza::lolol::bigwave:

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
What a odd thread.

We are on the verge of making the most exciting piece of Albion history in decades and people focus on the negative.

Wins may be few and far between next season, best enjoy the moment.

Keith Patel

**** off Lino.
Apr 4, 2009
Brighton
Best was much worse than Obika and that saying something! Obika put in more effort and the salute after the goal vs Port Vale, I'll never forget :lolol:

article-2546186-1AF39FB100000578-600_634x472.jpg

:lolol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Best was much worse than Obika and that saying something! Obika put in more effort and the salute after the goal vs Port Vale, I'll never forget :lolol:

Obika, along with Graeme Smith, was the worst Albion first team player I've watched.
1/10 for just for effort, but he had no ball control, couldn't finish, no awareness of space or teammates, weak, simply embarrasing. Stealing a living as a pro footballer.

The only Albion player where 100% fans around us in the WSU at the time, plus on NSC, were unified as one .... that he wasn't worthy of wearing the shirt.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Calvin Andrews anyone ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here