Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baldick any news?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
It isn't lying, it's keeping the opposition guessing and possibly messing with their game plan.

Frankly he'd be daft to give out any information that helps our opponents out, so yes on occasion he'll "massage" the truth and who can blame him.

:)

Well he gives out information on injured players in every interview he does. . He gave another detailed update after Blackburn. Is that daft ?
The idea that's he's messing with the opposition because in the press conference on Thursday he couldn't foresee the slight injury that Baldock had on Friday or setback that Bruno had on Friday PM (Or whenever they were) is fanciful to say the least.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Well he gives out information on injured players in every interview he does. . He gave another detailed update after Blackburn. Is that daft ?
The idea that's he's messing with the opposition because in the press conference on Thursday he couldn't foresee the slight injury that Baldock had on Friday or setback that Bruno had on Friday PM (Or whenever they were) is fanciful to say the least.
:lolol:

Whatever mate.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Connolly is obviously a rare talent, but he was brought over for U18's. The fact he is playing for the U21's is proof of his potential, but I doubt he is training with the senior squad, so would have no knowledge of 1st team tactics and positional play.
His time will come, and I cant wait to see him cos he seems to be a little gem
The fact that he's playing for the U23s when he was brought for the U18s proves that just because he was brought in as an U18 he doesn't have to stay there. The same applies for playing for the U23s - he doesn't have to stay there. I'm not saying that he is ready for first team action - I admit I have no idea - but just saying that the fact that he's not played there before isn't of itself a reason for not playing him.

singing4seagulls

Apr 2, 2017
Absolutely no chance. He's 17 and has never played a single minute of professional football. Tuesday night will have 28/29K fans there in one of the most high pressured home games for the Albion in thirty years. Hughton has Towell, and the options of playing Murphy/March behind Murray/Hemed if Baldock is still unfit. Unlikely Akpom will be dropped completely. Hughton has more patience with his players than NSC.

This, however I'd rather see Towell than Akpom after yesterday's poor effort.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
The fact that he's playing for the U23s when he was brought for the U18s proves that just because he was brought in as an U18 he doesn't have to stay there. The same applies for playing for the U23s - he doesn't have to stay there. I'm not saying that he is ready for first team action - I admit I have no idea - but just saying that the fact that he's not played there before isn't of itself a reason for not playing him.

Im not saying he does have to stay there.
What I am saying it would probably be better if he was training week in week out with the first team squad so he could adapt to their tactics and game plans.
Hopefully this will happen with pre-season tour/training camps next season

D

Deleted member 2719

Anybody has to be an improvement on what Akpom showed v Blackburn.

Akpom and Leon Best are both from the same mould, they both believe in their own hype.

Thank god Sammy and Tomer have their heads screwed on.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Not fit for tomorrow.

Hemed and Murray up front ?

Or Murray and Murphy ?

And Towell on the bench please.

:albion2:

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
How about Murray/March up front with Murphy/knockaert on the wings? Might be a bit more exciting than last Saturday..

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Towell isn't in the squad for the U23 game today so that sounds like he will be for tomorrow? From what little Ive seen of him I'm happy with that. maybe he'll even start if we don't go with Hemed and Murray together?

I hope not. Absolutely nothing against the lad, but we need ;players with plenty of experience for the run in. These next seven games are arguably the most important this club has ever played.

I hope not. Absolutely nothing against the lad, but we need ;players with plenty of experience for the run in. These next seven games are arguably the most important this club has ever played.

I probably wouldn't play Towell away to Norwich or Villa but I'd have no problems with him playing tomorrow, either on the bench or starting

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here