Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baldick any news?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I missed why he didn't start I gather it must of been a injury. Anyone know how bad?

Hair growing back slowly.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
CH says on seagulls player Baldrick glute problem (minor) = 6 weeks , Burno slight Groyne tinge (minor) = 6 weeks , Bing now fit !

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
CH says on seagulls player Baldrick glute problem (minor) = 6 weeks , Burno slight Groyne tinge (minor) = 6 weeks , Bing now fit !

I had to google that. Never heard of a "glute problem" before.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

He actually said Baldock if not back on Tuesday will
Be back on Friday. Likewise Bruno.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
ideal opportunity to put the young Irish striker on the bench

This.....

Double this

Absolutely no chance. He's 17 and has never played a single minute of professional football. Tuesday night will have 28/29K fans there in one of the most high pressured home games for the Albion in thirty years. Hughton has Towell, and the options of playing Murphy/March behind Murray/Hemed if Baldock is still unfit. Unlikely Akpom will be dropped completely. Hughton has more patience with his players than NSC.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Absolutely no chance. He's 17 and has never played a single minute of professional football. Tuesday night will have 28/29K fans there in one of the most high pressured home games for the Albion in thirty years. Hughton has Towell, and the options of playing Murphy/March behind Murray/Hemed if Baldock is still unfit. Unlikely Akpom will be dropped completely. Hughton has more patience with his players than NSC.

Every single player in our team had never played a single minute of professional football (well, senior professional football) at one time. Not saying that this is definitely the time to bring Connolly on to the bench, but everybody has to make their debut sometime. CH may well have good reasons for not doing so, but the fact that he's never played for the first team before is just a fact, not in itself a reason.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

All of this. We really don't need to be building up a kid who's been with us 9 months already. James Tilley and JFC are an excellent example on how not to just throw kids in at 16 and then have them disappear for a year or two. Bring him in properly when he's ready which obviously isn't now.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Every single player in our team had never played a single minute of professional football (well, senior professional football) at one time. Not saying that this is definitely the time to bring Connolly on to the bench, but everybody has to make their debut sometime. CH may well have good reasons for not doing so, but the fact that he's never played for the first team before is just a fact, not in itself a reason.

Connolly is obviously a rare talent, but he was brought over for U18's. The fact he is playing for the U21's is proof of his potential, but I doubt he is training with the senior squad, so would have no knowledge of 1st team tactics and positional play.
His time will come, and I cant wait to see him cos he seems to be a little gem

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

I agree with you. But saying that's what I'd like to see.

Rather have an U23 player bombing around closing down opposition, than an Arsenal U23 who remains fairly static for 60 mins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Baldock had 2 training sessions since Thursday morning's press conference when Hughton said who was fit for this afternoon.
So he was obviously either
a) had the hip injury on thursday but they thought it was minor and he would be fit for Saturday
b) had the hip injury in the 2 training sessions since Thursday morning.
c) Hughton was lying.

I'm guessing a) or b) . If you think Hughton is a liar , not "economical with the truth" , then presumably you think c)
It isn't lying, it's keeping the opposition guessing and possibly messing with their game plan.

Frankly he'd be daft to give out any information that helps our opponents out, so yes on occasion he'll "massage" the truth and who can blame him.

:)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That appears to be near the mark and it is easy for CH to say he thinks that SB will be fit as it isnt exactly a lie.
Well if he says he thinks he will be fit, but that's not what he thinks, then it is a lie. Which is fine with me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here