Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wagners bottlers....

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
They lost 3 key players just at the right time as far as we are concerned, Brown Palmer and Hogg have been massive for them this season.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
There's no doubt Huddersfield have massively over achieved.
Their best players seem to have been their loan players this year.
Danny ward, mooy, katchunga, brown, palmer.
Maybe having so many loanees are now having a bearing?
They certainly haven't got the depth of squad as they can't replace hogg sufficiently

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
There's no doubt Huddersfield have massively over achieved.
Their best players seem to have been their loan players this year.
Danny ward, mooy, katchunga, brown, palmer.
Maybe having so many loanees are now having a bearing?
They certainly haven't got the depth of squad as they can't replace hogg sufficiently
And that's another reason why it wouldn't really be fair if they went up at the expense of us or Newcastle. They have got very lucky with quality loans.

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And that's another reason why it wouldn't really be fair if they went up at the expense of us or Newcastle. They have got very lucky with quality loans.

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk
But why would it be fair if Brighton 'the third best team in the division' went up?

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
An insightful comment from one of the Hudds supporters on their forum...

Only positive to take is that we can now stop chasing top two and concentrate on getting everyone ready for the play offs. No need to rush Palmer or Brown back,and any others that need it can have a rest as and when.

Worst thing that could have happened would be to chase top two down to the wire, miss out and then end up physically and emotionally knackered like Brighton last season.

Well, quite.

True that's exactly what happened to us and why we ended up with FOUR injuries in one game in the first leg of the play offs

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
6 points out of 15 now for the invincible world beaters.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

el punal

Hudds forum not a happy place..........half the posts seem to be worrying about whether they'll make the playoffs, let alone the autos.

Yes, I've had a look at DATM. I think the optimism of getting automatic promotion has now been overtaken by the realism of accepting that the playoffs are their target. To be honest the initial 6 point gap between us, at this stage of the season, seemed a big hurdle to overcome, even more so now that it's extended to 9 points. Barring a monumental cock up on our part I now feel more confident about our chances - no chicken counting though!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I did mean it was me, not #Whitelion, who was being needlessly pedantic
I know you did, and I was saying it is rarely needless. But apart from supporting your right to be pedantic, I was just adding that I agreed with whitelion, that despite it being City's reserves, Huddersfield's reserves had done well.

I find I'm causing unintended offence rather too often these days . . . .
Not at all.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
so what do you do if you're Wagner? Keep pushing for auto possibility but wear out your players for play offs if it doesn't come off (it won't), or now start resting players for the play offs and run risk of falling some places?

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I was surprised to see the Huddersfiled starting line up yesterday and can't help but feel that Wagner's tinkering / team rotation isn't doing them any favours - he started with Nakhi Wells and Kachunga on the bench yesterday who I thought were 2 players they have with the biggest goal scoring threat. But naturally I have no idea if they were carrying knocks.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I think Wagner underestimated the opposition. Even allowing for his rotation policy if you want to chase an automatic place at this stage then you at least start Kachunga every game given the form he has shown across the season. If they lose points on Wednesday he may need to start thinking who they want to avoid in the play-offs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here