Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wagners bottlers....

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That's a little worrying. If true, I think the Hudds players will need to wear body armour for our last game of the season.
Nope, you won't get kicked up in the air.

But even challenging for an automatic promotion place, with all your hopes a dreams for an entire season possibly about to come true, as it's Cardiff at home, you'll need to be wearing these:-

joke%u00252Bglasses.jpg

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Loved that result, don't like Wagner.

My perfect scenario would be for us to secure automatic promotion and then Huddersfield to play Leeds in the play off semi's, losing to a late goal with Monk celebrating in Wagner's face. Leeds to then get ambarassed in the play off final by Fulham.

Selfishly I don't want Fulham to go up, nothing against them, but I want us to pinch Cairney off them in the summer and that won't happen if Fulham go up. But to be honest I'd accept anyone as long as it's not Reading.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
They'll really enjoy that one. Burton are a beautiful side to watch compared to Cardiff.

That's a little worrying. If true, I think the Hudds players will need to wear body armour for our last game of the season.
I struggle to think of a more defensive, dirty and time wasting team than Cardiff over the last few seasons.

And I have a little sympathy for the Huddersfield fans as I think last year we had appalling luck and then we're very hard done by in the end. Sometimes the luck doesn't even itself up. If Huddersfield finish third, I hope they go up, but personally I think the play offs are a disaster mentally if you've been hoping for auto promotion. They can favour a team like Palace who were in relegation type form and who only scraped in, but yet got lucky.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I was quite enthused by Hudds earlier in the season. Quite took to their manager and liked the way they played.

Then wanker Wagner had to go and open his gob and start slagging us off as bottlers. Well who's laughing now eh? Hope they get stuffed in the play-offs.

PS How come they get really decent loanees and we get Akpom?!!!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
It's just mind games, people get so wound up over nothing :lol: Fair play to them they've done well. Gloating now just makes us look like idiots.

One Teddy Maybank

Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Regardless of what he has said, think he has done an incredible job there. Even if they don't go up, surely got to be in with a shout of manager of the season:

Quite agree.

Sounds quite disrespectful (so apologies Huddersfield fans), but he has moulded an average team on paper, into a top notch championship team, that remain a threat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
It's just mind games, people get so wound up over nothing :lol: Fair play to them they've done well. Gloating now just makes us look like idiots.

Who's gloating? Is it any difference to singing 'keeping up, are we keeping up', to Adkins at Dagenham in March 2011?
Wagner made the comments about us, just as Adkins did back then.

peterward

Nov 11, 2009
Who's gloating? Is it any difference to singing 'keeping up, are we keeping up', to Adkins at Dagenham in March 2011?
Wagner made the comments about us, just as Adkins did back then.

Well it looks like Wagner has given up on the autos or now realises its beyond them, total change of tune from the mind games a few weeks back, in this evenings Hudds examiner, their equivalent of the argus.

http://www.examiner.co.uk/sport/football/news/huddersfield-town-boss-david-wagner-12840175

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
He's trying to take the pressure off the team in public. I'm sure they will go out to try to win the game, as Reading are breathing down their necks.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
He's trying to take the pressure off the team in public. I'm sure they will go out to try to win the game, as Reading are breathing down their necks.
No doubt the will be more twists and turns until the end of the season. We need at least 3 more wins and then we can start dreaming. The rest would have to get five wins at least and this would be very difficult, not impossible from 7 or in Huddersfield case 8 games, highly unlikely IMHO.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
That's an exaggeration. We were poor yesterday, and we are now resigned to the playoffs. The autos were always a stretch, feared more by BHA than they were expected by Hudds.

Although we were poor, the ref was another complete joker, bullied by Burton, and yet again we were denied another clear pen. Burton turned up to defend and frustrate, and succeeded. It was probably the most cynical anti-football display ever witnessed at the John Smith's. That having been said, Hudds lacked the guile to break them down, so deserved little more than to lose at the end of the day. :(

I seem to remember when you came to the Amex in September, you were hardly gung ho, going for it. You came for a draw, but, thankfully your keeper threw one in, so, Wagners plan to frustrate, waste time and, maybe sneak one in didn't work.

Every club does it sometimes, and the better you are , the more often teams play like that against you.
Take it as a compliment.

Jimmy Grimble

Hoping that mention of them being 7 points off 6th creeps into their mindset, might add a reluctance to really go for a win. Even more so if we win tomorrow and the gap to us is 12 points...

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

Exactly. There's a chance Hogg could return and he'll be expecting a win. Personally I'm hoping Alex Pritchard takes the opportunity to show everybody what we missed ...

LondonTown

Mar 13, 2017
I seem to remember when you came to the Amex in September, you were hardly gung ho, going for it. You came for a draw, but, thankfully your keeper threw one in, so, Wagners plan to frustrate, waste time and, maybe sneak one in didn't work.

Every club does it sometimes, and the better you are , the more often teams play like that against you.
Take it as a compliment.
Wagner has never played for a draw. It is simply not in his nature. After the game at your place Wagner said he was not disappointed to lose, that the result was fair, and that Brighton were the better side (See 4:05 below). He would rather lose than resort to negativity. We struggled to play our usual game at your place, for sure. That is a compliment.

The MOM that night went to one of your central defenders.

Wagner interview

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Wagner has never played for a draw. It is simply not in his nature. After the game at your place Wagner said he was not disappointed to lose, that the result was fair, and that Brighton were the better side (See 4:05 below). He would rather lose than resort to negativity. We struggled to play our usual game at your place, for sure. That is a compliment.

The MOM that night went to one of your central defenders.

Wagner interview

Sorry chap, but you can ignore what Wagner SAID, after the game. We have EYES.

You turned up for a 0-0 draw, and Ward particularly was blatantly timewasting right from kick-off. It was a HORRIBLE spectacle - a daft given how your team are capable of playing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here