Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wagners bottlers....

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Wagner has never played for a draw. It is simply not in his nature. After the game at your place Wagner said he was not disappointed to lose, that the result was fair, and that Brighton were the better side (See 4:05 below). He would rather lose than resort to negativity. We struggled to play our usual game at your place, for sure. That is a compliment.

The MOM that night went to one of your central defenders.

Here's the match report although [MENTION=29900]Exile[/MENTION] probably did a better one.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37282506

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Wagner has never played for a draw. It is simply not in his nature. After the game at your place Wagner said he was not disappointed to lose, that the result was fair, and that Brighton were the better side (See 4:05 below). He would rather lose than resort to negativity. We struggled to play our usual game at your place, for sure. That is a compliment.

The MOM that night went to one of your central defenders.

Wagner interview

Sorry I respect your achievements this season but that's utter nonsense, you were the most negative side I've seen all season, and trust me we've seen some negative sides at home this season. I specifically remember this game as your players were timewasting from about 10 minutes in... stats don't always tell the story. Strange because you were all out attack and played us off the park at your place.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Sorry I respect your achievements this season but that's utter nonsense, you were the most negative side I've seen all season, and trust me we've seen some negative sides at home this season. I specifically remember this game as your players were timewasting from about 10 minutes in, which is strange because you were all out attack and played us off the park at your place.

Whilst I mostly agree, I take it you didn't go to the Cardiff game?

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Whilst I mostly agree, I take it you didn't go to the Cardiff game?

I was going to say the same. However, Cardiff's tactics whilst excruciating viewing, were entirely understandable. Huddersfield came here top of the league, unbeaten, and tried to prevent a football match being played. Very odd decision from Wagner.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I thought at home Cardiff were negative but at the Amex they almost started to play football in the second half.
I remember how Goldson, as an attacker, was used as a corner flag for most of that game....

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Since Wagner made his now infamous comments about Brighton bottling it, his team have picked up a rather mid-tablish number of 9 points from 18. We have a rather more respectable 15 from 18. Smug? Of course I am!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Since Wagner made his now infamous comments about Brighton bottling it, his team have picked up a rather mid-tablish number of 9 points from 18. We have a rather more respectable 15 from 18. Smug? Of course I am!

Was just thinking about this thread.
You beat me to it.

Bottling it? Only one perhaps two teams look nervous/bottlers now......

Still would like Huddersfield or Fulham to join us, should we go up [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Was just thinking about this thread.
You beat me to it.

Bottling it? Only one perhaps two teams look nervous/bottlers now......

Still would like Huddersfield or Fulham to join us, should we go up [emoji6]

IF we go up, tbh I don't want any of the teams currently in the play-off positions to go up. If it were Leeds or Sheffield Weds, we'd never hear the end of it. Global media would be in melt down. If it were Reading it would be ridiculous - how can a team lose 7-1 and still be promoted? The least worst option is, of course, Hudds. But Wagner has spoiled it for me - if Hudds went up it would be all about him. So, come on Fulham!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
IF we go up, tbh I don't want any of the teams currently in the play-off positions to go up. If it were Leeds or Sheffield Weds, we'd never hear the end of it. Global media would be in melt down. If it were Reading it would be ridiculous - how can a team lose 7-1 and still be promoted? The least worst option is, of course, Hudds. But Wagner has spoiled it for me - if Hudds went up it would be all about him. So, come on Fulham!

Extremely unlikely, but Derby would be pretty funny with the whole Brum/Rowett thing.

You're right, wished Hudds nothing but success (just not at our expense) before Wagner decided to open his trap and attempt mind games, which has spectacularly backfired on him.

Still, they are the lesser of the other evils.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Extremely unlikely, but Derby would be pretty funny with the whole Brum/Rowett thing.

You're right, wished Hudds nothing but success (just not at our expense) before Wagner decided to open his trap and attempt mind games, which has spectacularly backfired on him.

Still, they are the lesser of the other evils.

But Fulham is a great away trip and although I loathe them, Reading is very doable, plus they aren't particularly good.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I'd prefer Huddersfield. Although I don't think clubs should be allowed to field so many loan players, they have been a surprise package, much like we were last season and contrary to the perceived wisdom are still in the mix now.

Oh, and also, the captain of the Enterprise, Patrick Stewart, is a fan.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I'd prefer Huddersfield. Although I don't think clubs should be allowed to field so many loan players, they have been a surprise package, much like we were last season and contrary to the perceived wisdom are still in the mix now.

Oh, and also, the captain of the Enterprise, Patrick Stewart, is a fan.

I have no problem with the amount of loans they have. They have a small budget and have to utilize that against parachute payments. Having to many loans often has a negative effect. Wagner has done well to get the best out of them.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The BLOWHARDS on here who proclaimed Huddersfield to be The New Master Race a mere month back looking a bit like ****s now. You KNOW who you are :lolol:

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I have no problem with the amount of loans they have. They have a small budget and have to utilize that against parachute payments. Having to many loans often has a negative effect. Wagner has done well to get the best out of them.

Loyal fan then bigging up every other team :moo:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Agree totally. Don't mind Fulham at all, and unoffiically we take 5,000 to Craven Cottage.

Dislike the three Yorkshire clubs - noisy (not in the good football sense) fans, with an irrational sense of entitlement.

Reading wouldn't be the end of the world in comparison.

I reckon some of the inter-Yorkshire play off ties could be pretty nasty on the pitch. Wagner vs Rocky Monk II would be funny.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

The trouble is, these kind of loans in my opinion, are harmful to both players and clubs. The only clubs they aren't harmful to are those at the very top. These super rich clubs scoop up all the talent in the hope that they'll find the next Messi, but in reality all they are doing is inflating wages and keeping many players from becoming a real part of a team. Wasn't Watford's promotion team a couple of years back mostly loan players? And there was a question about that in that they were regarded as assets and swapped around as necessary from the different clubs the Watford owners owned. It seems to me that there is probably something fishy in that financially as well.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Dean Hoyle their young owner is worth £100m's, and has pumped in big money like TB. This season he's pushed the boat out further by acquiring/borrowing a stack of english and bundesliga players. Relative to their small club income, this wouldn't have come cheap. Hoyle has taken things up a level in the mad dash for PL $$$$.

el punal

The trouble is, these kind of loans in my opinion, are harmful to both players and clubs. The only clubs they aren't harmful to are those at the very top. These super rich clubs scoop up all the talent in the hope that they'll find the next Messi, but in reality all they are doing is inflating wages and keeping many players from becoming a real part of a team. Wasn't Watford's promotion team a couple of years back mostly loan players? And there was a question about that in that they were regarded as assets and swapped around as necessary from the different clubs the Watford owners owned. It seems to me that there is probably something fishy in that financially as well.

Udinese B team?

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Personally, I didnt care what Wagner said. He is looking after his team, and if he can find any angle to help his team he will take it. Only chumps would let mind games affect them (like what happened to Benitez v Fergie), Hughton was far to clued up for that.

I think Wagner has done an amazing job, with limited resources. Plus, if you finish third I think you desrve to go up.

Living in Leeds, I wouldnt hear the last of it if they went up. Weds can stay down after last season. The rest not bothered.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here