Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Booing Akpom

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Idiotic fans that boo their own players.

His not ours and was a waste of air. I'm totally not bothered about someone who doesn't give a shite. Didn't try, didn't run, and was awful. Tough shite sunshine for the boos. When he's dropped out the professional game he might just realise what it takes.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Unfortunately another example of a loan striker being signed on the basis of the club he's coming from. He must have something for Arsenal to have kept hold of him but everything I have seen from him has been very poor. Doesn't excuse booing though.

We will need to recruit much better strikers in the summer if/when we go up as it's the one area that I think we are very weak.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
About a minute before Akpom got subbed, the North was screaming all sorts at him for not jumping for a challenge in the Blackburn box. Guess that partially explains the booing, even if it doesn't excuse it.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Funny that no one seems to want to own up to booing one of our own players on the day we hit 80 points. There were a hell of a lot of people joining in - odd that no one is admitting to it.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
The booing was embarrassing. Anyone that did boo should be ashamed of themselves.

Don't get me wrong, he's utter ****, he really is. But he does try. He's just so painfully out of his depth that I'm a tad shocked we brought him in on loan, let alone playing him ahead of Hemed and March today.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He was way out of his depth, Hughton should know this just by watching him train but booing was totally unacceptable

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
About a minute before Akpom got subbed, the North was screaming all sorts at him for not jumping for a challenge in the Blackburn box. Guess that partially explains the booing, even if it doesn't excuse it.

I was sitting in the North and not a single person around me booed when he was substituted. The booing seemed to come predominantly from the East Stand, and some from the West.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Well, today was his chance, and he just didn't care. Put in next to no effort. He's not quite at Leon Best level yet, but that was a really dire performance. Given where we are now, we shouldn't be booing him, but I'm not going to condemn fans that did after that paucity of effort. Still, it might mean that people will start to appreciate Baldock even more.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
He's useless but obviously lacking any kind of confidence.....Guess when you get paid huge amounts for doing nothing it's not a bad life:D

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I was sitting in the North and not a single person around me booed when he was substituted. The booing seemed to come predominantly from the East Stand, and some from the West.

Guess you must sit in a different part of the North than me. There were quite a few booing him in the N1G/N1H sections.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I was very shocked at how bad and lack of effort from him. He was do far out of his depth.I only heard faint booing from upper East. Was it obvious in other places.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
akpom is one of those who likely excels in youth and reserve football, but stick him in a competitive championship fixture and he just doesn't have the presence.
There is probably a talented player in there, but I doubt he will get the chance to show it in such physical league as this. He just can't get near play.
I felt sorry for him today as This was his chance and it didn't work out for him at all.
I don't get the lack of effort claims though . He was trying, he just wasn't getting anywhere.
He can't start ahead of hemed again, surely.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The booing was embarrassing. Anyone that did boo should be ashamed of themselves.

Don't get me wrong, he's utter ****, he really is. But he does try. He's just so painfully out of his depth that I'm a tad shocked we brought him in on loan, let alone playing him ahead of Hemed and March today.

He could actually run around a bit, but didn't bother That's not being out of his depth that's being lazy. People don't boo those that put effort in, not being good enough is the manager's concern not giving a shite is the player's.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Booing is certainly not helpful. He was out of his depth and it showed. often a player has pace but lacks skill or has skill but la\cks pace or has a good attitude, Akpomj seems to have none of these qualities.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
akpom is one of those who likely excels in youth and reserve football, but stick him in a competitive championship fixture and he just doesn't have the presence.
There is probably a talented player in there, but I doubt he will get the chance to show it in such physical league as this. He just can't get near play.

Probably do well in the Eredivisie.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Well football has probably made him a millionaire. Despite him not giving a toss and having no visible talent. So i wouldn't feel too sorry for him.

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
The second worst player to wear the stripes after another inept, comotose 'striker', Obika.

He's been awful in this loan spell.

I hope we don't see him play again this season.

Three points today, despite playing with ten men for 55 minutes.
Come on... Leon Best? Ryan Harley? But take your point, he looks really very poor.

That said, his confidence is shot and there's never an excuse to boo your own players.

Still, if the one thing the North Stand lads and lasses like it's criticising people.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
That wasn't just one or two people booing either. Anybody who did that should be utterly ashamed to call themselves an Albion fan. When every 1% counts, knocking the confidence of someone who we may need in the run in is ridiculous.

Thought Akpom offered nothing but totally agree. And it's hardly likely to make Albion an attractive proposition when we're asking the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea to lend us players in the future.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here