Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Booing Akpom

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
The second worst player to wear the stripes after another inept, comotose 'striker', Obika.

He's been awful in this loan spell.

I hope we don't see him play again this season.

Three points today, despite playing with ten men for 55 minutes.

Utter, utter bollocks. JCL.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
If anyone on this board sticks up for him, someone with the username Dale Jasper would be it.

Dale Jasper never left the centre circle.

Maybe , but iwas better than akpom.

Anyway I'm not sticking up for him I'm just saying he's crap rather than lazy or doesn't care

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Only one person or people to blame and that's the club have been a striker short all season just been incredibly lucky with injurys in that department club went for cheap option and in life you get what you pay for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I thought it a rotten noise to hear. I don't blame him for a lacklustre performance. He wasn't good at all, but disappointment was to be thrust in a few directions overall, and such feeling wasn't delivered with malice at those we expect more from.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Akpom would struggle to get in Hastings United's starting XI. No need to boo him, but there's more chance of him scratching round in non-league football in 10 years time than him having played in The Premier League.

Sad to say Akpom did look every inch a non-league player today. Showed no kind of glimmer of talent whatsoever. Arsenal will be disappointed that he's still on their books.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Yeah people behind me in the North stand booed him when he got subbed. Not on at all , just annoying they are more interested in booing him than Blackburns players when they were down time wasting

Take your head out your arse. Most of the booing was definitely NOT coming from the North.

Guessing your head was up your arse so you couldn't hear it - don't think there is much doubt who was doing the booing!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
When he was six.

They've presumably trying to make some sort of last-ditch return on their lengthy investment.

While I don't disagree with the second part at all, the age he was taken on is irrelevant. They could have binned him off at any point and Kronke's business model makes that more, rather than less, likely.

Players change year on year. In my son's team there was a kid who scored 42 goals in a season at under 7s. Now we've finished under 10s there are probably four or five players who are as good as him and he's had to learn to pass because he was losing the ball when trying to do it all himself.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Akpom would struggle to get in Hastings United's starting XI. No need to boo him, but there's more chance of him scratching round in non-league football in 10 years time than him having played in The Premier League.

He's already made four Premier League appearances for Arsenal. :lolol:

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
I use to sit there. There was a hater who had it in for most of our foreign players. To his mind he was also a expert tactician, calling angrily for ours player to "play down the channels" etc.

He took it too far calling Lopez a c**t, in front of kids. He disappeared that half-time, not to return until several months later. We suspected that he got a ban.
Sounds like the same guy but there's a few of them around the same area in there 40's to 50's who are complete morons. Like I said when you front them out they scarper despite being mouthy in the game. One guy travels from Maidstone as he decided to tell me when justifying how good a supporter he is.
As I said I sit with my two young boys and anyone in that area will probably know me for turning around and having a go at him few times. When I confronted them away from the view of my boys they ran to the stewards.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Arsenal starlet Chuba Akpom agrees four-and-a-half year extension, shunning Liverpool and Dortmund interest (2015)

Arsene Wenger has won his battle to keep teenage starlet Chuba Akpom.

Akpom has ended doubts about his Gunners future by agreeing a new four-and-a-half year deal to stay at the Emirates.

Wenger was desperate to keep striker Akpom, 19, who would have been out of contract at the end of the season

A string of clubs were queueing up to sign Akpom in the summer led by Borussia Dortmund, Red Bull Salzburg, Feyenoord and FC Twente.

Arsenal's Premier League rivals Liverpool , Tottenham, Everton and Manchester City were also lurking.

But Wenger has persuaded Akpom his future lies at Arsenal by handing him more first team opportunities since the turn of the year.

And Wenger has shown his faith in the England under-20 prospect by handing him a deal understood to be the biggest he has ever offered a player of Akpom's age and experience.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-starlet-chuba-akpom-signs-5096072

???

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Sadly wasn`t there.....But from the sound of it May well have booed him off (if he was poor, fair enough if he wasn`t trying deserved booing) We need committed players !!.....PS..The last player I felt deserved booing was Best.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
He's already made four Premier League appearances for Arsenal. :lolol:

I don't see him having a fabled Premier League career behind him. Having not qualified for AFCON, Nigeria are looking to recruit everyone they can too. I don't see how Akpom helps in that, and he trained with Nigeria last week apparently?!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Wasn't fair to say in January, give him a chance and all that, but heard some bad things about the lad from his short spell at Brentford. Just seems to have an attitude problem, and let's face it he's done nothing in the game as yet, and has it all to prove whether with us or elsewhere. My own hunch is he could be one of these players who starts at a big club and never really gets over the fact he couldn't cut it there, but thinks he's too good to be happy carving out a decent career lower down (Leon Knight, anyone?). I hope I'm wrong, we'll see.

Chijeff

Jan 23, 2017
Didn't seem to have any enthusiasm for the team. Murray some 10 years senior puts Akpom puts him to shame in the effort apartment. Hope too never see Akpom in the Albion shirt again. Not worthy.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Booing him and getting on his back on a first start is wrong, clearly. But I'm surprised he's done enough in training to warrant a start at such a key moment in the season when you have Hemed straining at the leash.

The one thing the lad should realise - and show in his performance - is coming to a top Championship club and playing in front of 30,000 fans, at this stage of his career, is a huge opportunity and should be busting a gut to take it. He must realise it isn't just about him. It's about what he can do for us, and then impress others by doing it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here