Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ian Rush says, if I don't drink my milk I'll end up playing for Accrington Stanley...

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Pretty horrible state of affairs. Helps me pleased to be trying to go dairy free.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
There are many many farms where these practices do not take place, unbalanced story and the kind of rubbish the guardian seem to come out with these days

It's an 'opinion' piece under the opinion section thereby making it the opinion of the author. The piece itself references 1 farm then just talks about certain practices. I think your reply is more reactionary than the piece itself!

Enjoy your cornflakes. :moo:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Used to love the school milk. Bloody Thatcher :rant::rant:

238da5209f2dd6c7d5e97a91cd3123db.jpg

The Optimist

NSC Patreon
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
The article is full of emotive language and reads like a campaign leaflet for a vegan group. I'm not doubting that there are questionable practices in dairy farming, as in all farming, but the article doesn't help me understand the scale of it. Also if you're not happy with the practices is there anything that you can do without going vegan? Is organic milk better?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
The article is full of emotive language and reads like a campaign leaflet for a vegan group. I'm not doubting that there are questionable practices in dairy farming, as in all farming, but the article doesn't help me understand the scale of it. Also if you're not happy with the practices is there anything that you can do without going vegan? Is organic milk better?

Organic milk may be produced with the same methods. They need organic feed but will be dragged from their calves almost immediately and may be kept indoors in confined spaces. Like Olympic athletes organic cattle can be given drugs if they have an 'illness'.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I don't eat much meat these days, maybe 5 or 6 times a year, but I can easily drink 4 pints of milk a day and I use it as my primary food source. I normally only eat later in the day and milk replaces breafast and lunch.

I would have thought that science would be able to trick the cow into phantom pregnancies in this day and age. It must be possible, it's only a hormone thing surely?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Norman Accrington Stanley Fletcher........

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here