Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ricky Gervais 'Dead Babies' Joke

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I've just watched that purely off the back of this thread, and I laughed my head off.

Now on the Princess Diana monologue....

Lol. It's good isn't it. I love the section about Braveheart (I think) being gay. Especially the "......but they weren't" bit.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
An extra comma would have helped for clarity.

I love a good Oxford Comma story -

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2...-helps-drivers-win-dispute-about-overtime-pay

The state’s law says the following activities do not count for overtime pay:

The canning, processing, preserving, freezing, drying, marketing, storing, packing for shipment or distribution of:

(1) Agricultural produce;
(2) Meat and fish products; and
(3) Perishable foods.

The drivers argued, due to a lack of a comma between “packing for shipment” and “or distribution”, the law refers to the single activity of “packing”, not to “packing” and “distribution” as two separate activities. As the drivers distribute – but do not pack – the goods, this would make them eligible for overtime pay.

Previously, a district court had ruled in the dairy company’s favour, who argued that the legislation “unambiguously” identified the two as separate activities exempt from overtime pay. But the appeals judge sided with the drivers.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
it wasn't about you. and i'd go to a Gervais gig expecting some pretty controversial comment and jokes being made.

Agreed. What on earth made them think the gig was going to be all about them?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

larus

You can't unload a truck load of ping-pong balls with a pitchfork.

Ba-dum TISSHHH

There were loads of dead baby "jokes" when I was at school on top of this one.

Remember the Alka-Seltza adverts.

What goes plink, plink fizz?
2 babies in an acid bath.

What's small and red, and sits in the corner crying?
Baby playing with a razor blade.

What small and pink, and turns red with a flick of a switch?
Baby in a blender.

What's small and blue, and sits in the corner?
Baby playing with a plastic bag.

What's small and green, and sits in the corner?
Same baby, 3 month later.

Or jokes about disabled people.

There as a crash on the M40 involving a coach full of disable people.
I took the emergency services 6 hours to cut the wreckage free from the passengers.

Or jokes about the shuttle disaster.
What were the last words heard on the Challenger shuttle?
"Look, if she want's to drive, let her. What harm can it do?"

I remember as a kid we would laugh at all manner of sick things, but people seem to get all PC as they get older. I've always found the ability of (most) Brits to laugh at things an admirable trait, be that sick, racist, sexist, etc. Laughing at this type of stuff does not make someone sick, racist or sexist.

I'm not saying the jokes I remember from my childhood are that funny, but this type of stuff is not new and people have through the ages made jokes about disasters, suffering and the like.

No doubt this will result in a lot of shit comments, but no offence meant to anyone.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Baby in a blender.

I took the emergency services 6 hours to cut the wreckage free from the passengers.

I remember as a kid we would laugh at all manner of sick things, but people seem to get all PC as they get older. I've always found the ability of (most) Brits to laugh at things an admirable trait, be that sick, racist, sexist, etc. Laughing at this type of stuff does not make someone sick, racist or sexist.

I'm not saying the jokes I remember from my childhood are that funny, but this type of stuff is not new and people have through the ages made jokes about disasters, suffering and the like.

No doubt this will result in a lot of shit comments, but no offence meant to anyone.

You're right. I distinctly remember being at a function a few days after the Herald of Free Enterprise thing and hearing loads of 'jokes' about it. All part of the great British stoicism of dealing with stuff

larus

You're right. I distinctly remember being at a function a few days after the Herald of Free Enterprise thing and hearing loads of 'jokes' about it. All part of the great British stoicism of dealing with stuff

Such as :
The Hreald of Free Enterprise - a "Roll-on/Roll-over" Car Ferry.

What was the last song playing when the Herald of Free Enterprise went down?
Dancing on the ceiling.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Nothing should be off limits where comedy is involved. Never a truer word said in jest

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I remember Jimmy Carr saying just about the only thing comedians won't joke about these days is Hillsborough. Apart from that he said he couldn't think of a single thing he would consider off limits.

larus

It's like the jokes about Gary Glitter.

Gary Glitter comes home from work and sees his wife with her bags packed, ready to leave.
"Where are you going?" he asks.
"I'm leaving you - you're disgusting. I've just heard that you're a paedophile"
"Oh" he says, "that's a big word for a 10 year old".

Coxovi

NSC Patron
Nov 5, 2011
Suisse

Baby in a blender.

While it is a bit dated, the best joke on the Challenger disaster was "No, I said a Bud Light"

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
That moment in history class when you are watching a documentary about the holocaust and the teacher asks you why you are masturbating?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Anyone who was subjected to 'The Comedians' as a youngster must have an inbuilt sanitisation to tasteless humour.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I saw a Jimmy Carr show in Tun Wells, he opened with

"What do you get if you put a baby in a blender?"

"An erection"

I knew it was going to be a good night.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Dirty duplicate post.

I'll use it to ask if anyone recalls Billy Connolly getting grief for joking about Ken Bigley?

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
If you go to shows of this ilk, comedians nowadays push the boundaries and you ought to expect it.
Unfortunate if your personal situation makes you more sensitive to some subjects but that's life.
On a lesser note, was DJing at a mate's party once at his house, put on some song and the host's best mate ran out screaming and crying. Apparently reminded her of her deceased Dad.
How was I to know? :shrug:
Did you not think to ask if there were any songs that shouldn't be played to avoid a situation such as the one you watched unfold? Unbelievable.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here