Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Another vote for the brick barbie.

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
I purchased the Weber Master-touch 57cm last year.

Love it, also purchased a Rotisserie Ring from Amazon (via NSC link) not the Weber one, but one that was half the price, its brilliant. The ring can be used to raise the lid to give height for a beer can chicken, when using a Vertical Chicken Roaster. Also have a roast/rib rack, and got hold of a Digital meat probe, plus another vote for Webers Complete Barbecue Book.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I have got this model. It is bloody fantastic.
Another vote for the this. My brother in law (also one of my best mates) is KING of bbqs. He has one of these (model up) and does everything from normal bbq stuff to cooking a massive beef joint for Christmas dinner on it.

I got one based on the recommendation but went for the basic one as I'm no expert/big user. Homebase had it on offer for £100 but they screwed up and sent me this one by mistake. Great piece of kit and really easy to use.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Bit pricier than they used to be but love mine http://barbeskew.co.uk

I brought mine back from a holiday in Cyprus 10 years ago or so. A little more basic than those, but does exactly the same thing, takes 22 small souvlaki skewers at a time, or three monsterous (lengthways) souvla skewers, probably a bit cheaper too, seeing as it fitted in my (wife's) large suitcase.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
One thing I found is the charcoal quality varies wildly. The crap in the supermarket couldn't even get the temperature gauge to the hot setting - use the Weber branded stuff- it may cost a bit more but its worth it.

I use resteraunt grade charcoal from bigkproducts. Get 3 sacks each year. Brilliant lump wood charcoal.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
I need a self cleaning BBQ
I bought an electric one off a TV shopping channel last year.
Bit like a giant George foreman.
Actually been very good, goodbye to coals briskets and gas

Jul 7, 2003
Another with the Weber 57" but mine is an original kettle rather than a master touch.

Agree with everyone who says to get a chimney starter - fabulously simple but effective bit of kit. Also agree with those who have said about Weber charcoal - I bought the long lasting stuff and it is great when you have a group of people round and end up cooking over a period of time.

If you want accessories, it is always worth visiting Haskins garden centres towards the middle of August. They start selling their stock off and I have picked up loads of extra toys at 50% off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here