Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best drop-off/pick-up locations?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
as the title asks, where's the best drop-off/pick-up locations at Falmer? i dont mind a short walk, convenience for the driver is the main factor.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
coming from Lewes, but could be from Brighton on the pickup.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I've simply stopped between the A27 roundabout and the traffic lights on Falmer Road a few times (I park some way away and walk in so if taking my elderly neighbour for example), before and after the game. Traffic is usually stop/start enough for this not to be a problem as long as whoever you're picking up is ready to hop in/out. .

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Could do with some official drop-off-pick-up locations at the Amex really, run along the lines of those at Gatwick. If Gatwick can do it, the Amex certainly could.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Could do with some official drop-off-pick-up locations at the Amex really, run along the lines of those at Gatwick. If Gatwick can do it, the Amex certainly could.

With a red carpet & free tea for 1901?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
... But no safe walking route.

Yes, there is a pavement from the lay-by all the way up to the slip road and a crossing point to the stadium mud path through the woods!

edit: just checked google street view, the lay-by is by the 3 hundred yard 3 striped sign for the slip road. Definitely a formal path from the layby.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
so the official line appears to be drop of on Village Way, though doesn't mention picking up - maybe to discourage. i know the club want to discourage anything other than public transport and the P&R. does anyone know if it works in practice, particularly on pick? alternatively, is the Falmer bus stop or in Falmer village viable, or are there stewards looking sternly to prevent this?

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
so the official line appears to be drop of on Village Way, though doesn't mention picking up - maybe to discourage. i know the club want to discourage anything other than public transport and the P&R. does anyone know if it works in practice, particularly on pick? alternatively, is the Falmer bus stop or in Falmer village viable, or are there stewards looking sternly to prevent this?

Think entry to/from the village is heavily stewarded (certainly is opposite Village way), unless you're a resident you won't get in

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here