Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The run in...

Claretnblue

Apr 29, 2016
Hey guys....

So the final leg starts this weekend... Iv said all along I reckon ul do it. Still think 90 points will be enough , it's not as close as it was last yr with you us and boro and I think ul be home with a game or two to spare .

So if u do make it what positions do you think you need to strengthen? Iv read a lot about Dunk and seen u guys compare him to Keane. How do you think he stacks up after watching Keane play for England this week?
I suppose same could be asked about Heaton v Stockdale? I personally think Heaton has an edge here but there again I don't watch Stockdale each week . Claret specs lol

P.s autos is priceless compared to play offs for prep time .

Said it all along but hope u guys do it u deserve it to say the least after last year!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Hey guys....

So the final leg starts this weekend... Iv said all along I reckon ul do it. Still think 90 points will be enough , it's not as close as it was last yr with you us and boro and I think ul be home with a game or two to spare .

So if u do make it what positions do you think you need to strengthen? Iv read a lot about Dunk and seen u guys compare him to Keane. How do you think he stacks up after watching Keane play for England this week?
I suppose same could be asked about Heaton v Stockdale? I personally think Heaton has an edge here but there again I don't watch Stockdale each week . Claret specs lol

P.s autos is priceless compared to play offs for prep time .

Said it all along but hope u guys do it u deserve it to say the least after last year!

With a bit of luck and guile we will get to the 90 points for automatic promotion.

Claretnblue

Apr 29, 2016
At one point last year we were leaving yourselves and boro in our wake but the gap closed and it may well this year with Huddersfield but the one thing you can't get away from is that points in the bag are priceless at this stage and should carry u over the line I reckon! ��

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Hope and pray that we make it automatically this year but the final ten or so games last year for the three protagonists will take some beating in the suspense stakes. All three clubs fans either watching/ following their own clubs matches and intensely following the results of the others made for a brilliant finale to that season. Not to mention the "Bantz" on their forums. Great memories.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
6 points needed :

Blackburn (H)
Birmingham (H)

Where top 2 will be won or lost :

QPR (A) ???
Wolves (A) ???

Final 4 games - 6 or 7 points :

Wigan (H)
Norwich (A)
Bristol City (H)
Aston Villa (A)

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
6 points needed :

Blackburn (H)
Birmingham (H)

Where top 2 will be won or lost :

QPR (A) ???
Wolves (A) ???

Final 4 games - 6 or 7 points :

Wigan (H)
Norwich (A)
Bristol City (H)
Aston Villa (A)
Don't like thinking about individual games or pairs of games as anything can realistically happen.

This squad's average over two years in the Championship is 2 points per game. We have 8 games left to play and the team looks good.

I expect around 14 more points and that will be enough.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Don't like thinking about individual games or pairs of games as anything can realistically happen.

This squad's average over two years in the Championship is 2 points per game. We have 8 games left to play and the team looks good.

I expect around 14 more points and that will be enough.

Its going to be very tight. Ave ppg so far this season for the top 3 is as follow;

Newcastle ave 2.05 ppg
Brighton ave 2.02 ppg
Huddersfield ave 1.91 ppg

I view it that we have a 3 way mini league with 8 or 9 games to go.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Win the home games and surely we're there with a draw or two away, anything less than 12 points from the homes and its squeaky bum time again

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Just watched the highlights of Derby v QPR.
Derby made QPR look ordinary and they didn't play well at all, so there's a good sign.

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
Brighton & Hove Albion Actual
Blackburn H 3
Birmingham H 3
QPR A 1
Wolves A 1
Wigan H 3
Norwich A 1

Bristol H 3
Aston Villa A 0

15 points should see the job done. Promotion clinched at the Bristol game if all goes to forecast...

Merdalfthewizard

once more unto the breach
Dec 25, 2014
265 miles from home games
Just watched the highlights of Derby v QPR.
Derby made QPR look ordinary and they didn't play well at all, so there's a good sign.

Brighton & Hove Albion Actual
Blackburn H 3
Birmingham H 3
QPR A 1
Wolves A 1
Wigan H 3
Norwich A 1

Bristol H 3
Aston Villa A 0

15 points should see the job done. Promotion clinched at the Bristol game if all goes to forecast...

Why, why would you do that, just match the results of the teams that matter below us :wrong:

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
The only way to deal with the pressure of try run in is to try to forecast - at least we have the opportunity to 'enjoy' the excitement rather than find ourselves mid-rable with nothing to play for.

Plus I'm a firm believer that eventually one of these campaigns will finally go our way after the rotten luck we've had to endure in recent seasons!

20 years since Robbie Reinelt and Hereford - the symmetry this year for a return to the top flight is perfect!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here