Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The best things about the United Kingdom

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I suppose it's good to be reminded that we are not just starting to say goodbye to the EU today, but also to over 400 years of political union. Who knew that the only thing the Conservative Party wanted to conserve was the Conservative Party?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzpShIhvrjU

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
The fact we take the piss out each other, country, county, city, town, suburb, street, friend, best mate, family, stranger, celebrity, whoever, disaster, amazing feats, whatever....

You name it we will find a reason to take the piss out of it....

I think also self deprecation is something the rest of the world don't get.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
In no particular order Democracy, rule of law, NHS, emergency services, armed forces, welfare system, compassion, tolerance, the (not so) silent majority. Calm, dignified and mature way we accept the result of free and fair elections ..sense of humour.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The countryside, the music (Beatles, The Who - and the earlier shout from someone for Show of Hands was spot on), real ale, pubs, cricket, haggis (love it!), pure malt Scotch (and I'm sorry if I'm offending anybody by including Scotland in the UK), local dialects, the weather, heritage railways........and Rachel Riley...........

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
How is the weather getting votes? Do people not go outside

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
The variety - the sunshine and the rain, the mists and winds, the occasional snow. Not too hot to even move, and never really, really cold. What's not to like?
The majority of what you just said lol

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Football. The playing of football in England is documented since at least 1314, and we have nearly got the hang of it.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Its tolerance and acceptance of other nationalities and cultures. Oh...

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Going abroad to somewhere like Naples, getting your U.K flag out and chanting anti German and IRA songs as loud as you can. Being able to do that is one of the best things about being from the U.K.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Music and Comedy.
A stiff upper lips,
Keep calm and carry on.
Our acceptance and inclusiveness (is that still around?)
Appreciation of difference.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Music and the arts. Truly world beaters in these fields.
I'm going to say comedy but as a personal thing. I don't buy the 'we have the best comedy in the world' line. It's so subjective, although, we definitely take it very seriously which produces so much good stuff.
Some excellent cheeses.
Beautiful countryside.
Architecture.
And although it's taking a bit of a battering right now and some numptys are loudly shouting over the top of it, a tolerant modern view of life and people.
The football is fun too.
Summer. Have come to really appreciate them. The weather the rest of the year, meh.
And **** the naysayers, Brighton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here