Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southwick is the 4th most normal place in the U.K.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Combined with doctors surgery (I think) photo from corner of Southwick St/Southdown Rd

Yes, corner of Southwick St/Southdown Rd. Is the old doctors' surgery still there?

PAD16.jpg

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Great place to grow up as a child/teenager in 70s/80s
3 places to hang out
1, southwick beach - slept down there many nights as a teenager, climbed over fences at power station to collect wooden Pallets (great for firewood) lovely roaring fire as waves crashing against bum holes, the name given to hole like sea defences, while we drank bottles of cider & Cinzano listening to radio Luxembourg on the wireless radio
2, southwick Rec - where we'd hang out all day playing either football (I'm Kevin keegan) or cricket (I'm Vivvean Richards )
And end up getting chased off by the park keeper while we played football on the Hockey pitches
3, southwick hill - where we'd collect bundles of hay and place under the electric pylons, then see who could climb up and jump off the highest point of the pylons with a decent landing guaranteed
Also great memories of Windmill pub where I'd stand every Sunday from 12 till 2 with a coke & bovril crisps inbetween the public & saloon bar waiting for my dad to finish drinking with the likes of Jimmy Collins( ex Albion) before heading home for Sunday roast

Yeah I suppose Southwick is pretty normal especially in 70's & 80s

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Great place to grow up as a child/teenager in 70s/80s
3 places to hang out
1, southwick beach - slept down there many nights as a teenager, climbed over fences at power station to collect wooden Pallets (great for firewood) lovely roaring fire as waves crashing against bum holes, the name given to hole like sea defences, while we drank bottles of cider & Cinzano listening to radio Luxembourg on the wireless radio
2, southwick Rec - where we'd hang out all day playing either football (I'm Kevin keegan) or cricket (I'm Vivvean Richards )
And end up getting chased off by the park keeper while we played football on the Hockey pitches
3, southwick hill - where we'd collect bundles of hay and place under the electric pylons, then see who could climb up and jump off the highest point of the pylons with a decent landing guaranteed
Also great memories of Windmill pub where I'd stand every Sunday from 12 till 2 with a coke & bovril crisps inbetween the public & saloon bar waiting for my dad to finish drinking with the likes of Jimmy Collins( ex Albion) before heading home for Sunday roast

Yeah I suppose Southwick is pretty normal especially in 70's & 80s

1,2 and 3 for me during 60's and 70's

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Worked there for about five years before 2000 and yes pretty normal but no more so than other coastal towns along that strip. Cricketers is an ok pub but preferred the one nearer the station the name of which I can't remember. Shopping bit is dull but serves its purpose.

Ahh, The Ship, an old traditional boozer, customers from the 1980's.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
As an aside, don't you just love the holding my nose while I patronise these awful white English people take on it by the BBC. They really don't like us do they?

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
The Ship was my local for years back when it was run by the lovely Pat and the 'Meldrewesque' Rory. Windmill boozer long gone as is The Pilot.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
According to the meaning of lif by Douglas Adams, southwick is a left handed w4nker.

Brilliant book

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I've been to a few parties there, seems an OK place, like the Ship, not keen on the big pub on the green. Has its own festival doesn't it?
Saw Half Man Half Biscuit there about 20 odd years ago and Captain Sensible. Any place is what you make it shirley?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here