Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I thought there was a talking head on the BBC news who said that Tusk has said we can withdraw the article 50 notification, right up until we actually exit.

Just saying
Hadn't heard that. The poster I was replying to was talking about 'a few' years, which I took to mean longer than the two years of Article 50 negotiations. Can't see Labour (and there is no other party with the potential to form a government) getting their act together and becoming electable even in 'a few' years, tbh.

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
Your thread seems to have been hijacked by mindless morons.

So bread, croissants, Roquefort, decent coffee, pavement cafes and the weather to use them, markets, and usually a greater sense of community than you would ever find in this country, Cassoulet, proper mountains and lakes and generally a more relaxed attitude to life.

And because of the exchange rate, it is far more expensive to enjoy these things now if you go abroad.

so go further go to Vietnam or Mayamar europe is not the
world

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I really do not think the Scottish people will vote for independence.

I think you're probably right. I believe there are still enough sensible British Scots who realise what a disastrous mistake it would be.

Do you guys really not see the hypocracy that seems to emanate from Leave supporters? Remain supporters thought there were enough sensible Brits to ensure we did not vote Leave, we were wrong, as could you be about the Scotch. You say that the UK will never go back to the EU, but if Scotland does choose independence then it will come running back with its' tail between its legs. Can you not see your double standards?

Many Leavers really do deserve the stupid tag, or they are just to full of bluster to see the big important picture, perhaps preferring to focus on minor issues that do not challenge their intellect too much? Whatever happens it is going to be tough to pull the country together, and there will be problems, but to overcome them you have to face the issues not turn a blind eye and cross your fingers.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Hadn't heard that. The poster I was replying to was talking about 'a few' years, which I took to mean longer than the two years of Article 50 negotiations. Can't see Labour (and there is no other party with the potential to form a government) getting their act together and becoming electable even in 'a few' years, tbh.

I can only see that happening if negotiations go so badly, that the present Government went back to Brussels, and revoked article 50, after a Parliamentary vote. That would really be Armageddon for us, we would lose all the special conditions that we already enjoy, the vetos, and the majority of the rebates, I imagine.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Yep, real shame that some of the 'usual subjects', who clearly have nothing of positivity to add, have come on here to continue to spread their bile.

I know, its terrible isnt it, other people with different view points to yours. :facepalm:

I love Europe. Love the wine, beaches, sea, guaranteed sunshine and where we go, not a Brit pub or greasey spoon cafe in sight. We have been going to Spain on holiday for many many years and will again this year and next and the ones after that, long after Brexit has happened. So I'll have to que to go through customs, a small inconvenience and not much time to add to my 1000 mile drive down to the Costa Brava each year. Will still pay a forture in French Tolls and stay in wonderful Cleremont Ferrant and spend my Euros in Spain. :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]847081229413470209[/tweet]

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Do you guys really not see the hypocracy that seems to emanate from Leave supporters? Remain supporters thought there were enough sensible Brits to ensure we did not vote Leave, we were wrong, as could you be about the Scotch. You say that the UK will never go back to the EU, but if Scotland does choose independence then it will come running back with its' tail between its legs. Can you not see your double standards?

Many Leavers really do deserve the stupid tag, or they are just to full of bluster to see the big important picture, perhaps preferring to focus on minor issues that do not challenge their intellect too much? Whatever happens it is going to be tough to pull the country together, and there will be problems, but to overcome them you have to face the issues not turn a blind eye and cross your fingers.

Why "stupid" tag. We voted to Leave and we are, the Remainers were so so confident they would win. A lot of Labour supporters thought they would easily win the elections, same with the USA vote, Clinton seemed a shoe in with most.
My opinion after being "stupid" in thinking all three predictions/polls etc were wrong.......is that just like last time, i think in my own "stupid" way, that the vote on independence will be NO.........

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Oh, trust me, if that's the worst he can come up then he hasn't been watching it. The Alexander Rybak song is one of the better winners.

I could inflict some real pain on you with my worst five, I suspect [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION] could go even better.

:lolol:

I probably could - that Latvian one from a few years ago where they were all dressed as pirates leaps instantly to mind, or one from Luxembourg featuring some bloke dressed as a giant penguin, for just two examples.

[yt]gQy0PJEkQhA[/yt]

[yt]lu9RictLX3I[/yt]

Not to mention this group of Germans absolutely not ripping off Ra Ra Rasputin in any way, shape or form:

[yt]xeXG9-wyzw0[/yt]

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
[tweet]847081229413470209[/tweet]

Seagulls.jpg

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
like some here i remember my parents voting to join the european common MARKET not the european super state.. i remember years of france burning british lamb as it entered their country as they did not want the competition for their farmers and europe did nothing... the european super state is the dream of 2 small men with chips on their shoulders .. napeloen and hitler and we saw them both off and did ok.. i

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]846660759455174657[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here