Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bruno

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
what about the dozens and dozens of times this year when he's said in press conferences x or y will return and x or y have returned.
That was all part of the setup, so you'd fall for it now.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I would suggest being economical with the truth rather than blatant lying.

Nope. Hughton referred to specific conversations following a specific training session a couple of days before the Leeds game. He didn't give vague answers at all.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
"he came through training yesterday but we thought it was too much of a risk" was his actual quote pre Leeds in the Sky interview.

The day before the website and the Argus all ran with the story of the injury boost of Bruno being fit to start. As others have said, whether we are told Bruno is fit to start or not tomorrow will mean JS.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I really think that the management should come clean about all our injuries, our tactics, and our game plan, so we can help Blackburn in their fight against relegation.
It's the only fair thing to do.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Why do people get so hung up on this? If he's fit he'll play. Ignore the press conference as we know they trying to avoid giving the oppo the heads up on who they will face.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Nope. Hughton referred to specific conversations following a specific training session a couple of days before the Leeds game. He didn't give vague answers at all.

Well he isn't saying anything until tomorrow by the looks of things. I'm absolutely cool with him holding his cards close to his chest.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
He said that Bruno was fit but the player himself decided not to play against Leeds. He could have been lying obviously but surely one of him or poco will be back for the Blackburn game.

Sent from my P9000 using Tapatalk

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Albion's promotion push has received a triple defensive injury boost, led by the return to fitness of Gaetan Bong.

The first-choice left-back has fully recovered during the international break from a knee injury which has sidelined him since the start of January.

Seb Pocognoli, Bong's deputy, has shrugged off a groin injury which has kept him out for a month, while right-back and captain Bruno is over the minor groin problem which forced him to miss the last outing at Leeds.

The international break, which began with a training trip to Valencia in Spain, has also enabled Norwegian Vegard Forren, signed as emergency centre-half cover for Shane Duffy (foot fracture) and Connor Goldson (heart condition) to get up to speed with his fitness.

Boss Chris Hughton said: "Seb and Gaetan have trained in the last couple of weeks and they are both available, which is really good news.

"Bruno is okay and Vegard came away with us, got some really good training under his belt. He's a very experienced player."

Midfielder Beram Kayal, sent home by Israel before their game against Spain due to illness, has been declared fit as well for the visit of Blackburn Rovers to the Amex on Saturday.

Hughton told The Argus: "He had a slight bout of tonsillitis with us the week before, was fine, went away and then it was on the other side, so they sent him away from the team, but he's fine. He trained Monday, Tuesday and today as well."

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Excellent news all round. Who would you play at left back now?

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire
Excellent news all round. Who would you play at left back now?

Based on Chris's past behaviour, I'd guess it will be Rosenior with Seb on the bench. Bong has been out so long I'd expect him to play an U-23 or two (if there are any left) before making it into the squad.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Based on Chris's past behaviour, I'd guess it will be Rosenior with Seb on the bench. Bong has been out so long I'd expect him to play an U-23 or two (if there are any left) before making it into the squad.

This. Reckon it'll be Bruno and Liam starting at full back. Seb and Fiyako on the bench.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here