Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

(very) O/T - online fish recommendations please?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
One of the larger disadvantages in living in Cambridgeshire is being a million miles from easy access to freshly caught fish. I'm less than inspired at the choice and freshness at the supermarkets' selections, so have been looking at online mail order companies. To my surprise, there are lots.

There are those that promote the fact their fish is delivered fresh, not frozen; those that push the fact that theirs is frozen at sea, those that advocate vacuum packing to reduce freezer burn and ice crystal formation; others that focus on the small amount of "glaze" (read water) that their frozen fish is coated in; etc.

*Sigh*

Anyone use an online fish merchant that they would recommend please?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
One of the larger disadvantages in living in Cambridgeshire is being a million miles from easy access to freshly caught fish. I'm less than inspired at the choice and freshness at the supermarkets' selections, so have been looking at online mail order companies. To my surprise, there are lots.

There are those that promote the fact their fish is delivered fresh, not frozen; those that push the fact that theirs is frozen at sea, those that advocate vacuum packing to reduce freezer burn and ice crystal formation; others that focus on the small amount of "glaze" (read water) that their frozen fish is coated in; etc.

*Sigh*

Anyone use an online fish merchant that they would recommend please?

We've used https://www.regalfish.co.uk/
No complaints here :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here