Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Feeling Old

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Listening to the 1966 World Cup Final on a little transistor radio whilst camping in the New Forest on the 30th July having become 9 years old in the June . Sister still 2 years from her first Goldstone match and me 3 years since my first . So much water under both my life and Albion's bridges in the ensuing 50 years . Many memories seem like yesterday as does this . But do start to feel old on reflection .

Attachments

• img285.jpg
    img285.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 298

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Listening to the 1966 World Cup Final on a little transistor radio whilst camping in the New Forest on the 30th July having become 9 years old in the June . Sister still 2 years from her first Goldstone match and me 3 years since my first . So much water under both my life and Albion's bridges in the ensuing 50 years . Many memories seem like yesterday as does this . But do start to feel old on reflection .

Great picture! I remember AJAX

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004

Wow! When the film The Bromley Boys comes out this year remember this post! Uncanny!

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
catching the train with school kids every week day makes me feel like a fossil ..... interesting tho! If only their parents knew :blush:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Over the Hillian?

Getting there, having just turned 36 and perceiving that 70 is a matter of some awfully cliched picture book monochrome 'moments' away :(

Cue sad music.

Nowhere near as bendy as Bruno, but not as bald,
Fortune favour the brave,
Will he ever have a shave?
Sea salted thrifty knave,
Death at the point of the demonic horde,
As he sharpens the blade,
Upon his soul wrenching sword,
To cast me asunder in my wretched grave.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Youngster. I was 18 just two weeks later.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here