Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

3 teen burglars shot dead inside home they had broken into in the US

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I'm no hero - in such a situation I wouldn't have confronted them - sure I'd lose face and probably my goods but 4 people would have come out of the situation alive.

Scenario (for no other reason than I need to work out your reply above :thumbsup: )

You and the wife are sat in doors watching TV, your 2 young children are upstairs asleep (remember, this is purely a scenario) 3 guys break into / enter your home (same scenario as the Oklahoma incident) they confront you and the wife in a terrifying manner, you have a gun in your hand, (they don't know that) ...........what do you do?

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
You can't have much then, what have you got, bin bags for curtains?
Oh and don't forget, after they have held a knife to your throat while the others ransack your stuff, if they trip up on a rug in their haste to get out, you will be arrested for failing to provide a duty of care to your 'visitors'.
I'd bloody love to shoot a burglar, and the **** that keyed my van.

Really?

PS - anything of value is insured

Last edited:

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Scenario (for no other reason than I need to work out your reply above :thumbsup: )

You and the wife are sat in doors watching TV, your 2 young children are upstairs asleep (remember, this is purely a scenario) 3 guys break into / enter your home (same scenario as the Oklahoma incident) they confront you and the wife in a terrifying manner, you have a gun in your hand, (they don't know that) ...........what do you do?

Impossible to answer for sure but I would probably make sure they saw the gun. Let me ask you in the same scenario not only do you have a gun in your hand but so do each of the three burglars.

Do you shoot 1?
Do you drop your gun and comply with their demands?

Which of the above is most likely to result in you and your family staying alive?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Impossible to answer for sure but I would probably make sure they saw the gun. Let me ask you in the same scenario not only do you have a gun in your hand but so do each of the three burglars.

Do you shoot 1?

Which of the above is most likely to result in you and your family staying alive?

No idea what I would do, but instinct, adrenaline and panic might take over from calm, rational thinking.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Maybe shooting 1 or more of the burglars in the legs maybe have been more appropriate force. The others would probably run off. If not shoot at them in the same way. Any more a threat, then fatally shooting them would be acceptable.

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
To be honest, given the circumstances, I totally agree, just read this out to my wife (including the original post describing the details) and we agree, if a weapon were to hand, everyone deserves the right of self defense........at my age, sadly I cant take on 3 guys who are hell bent on causing theft, hurt and destruction.
My / our opinion, I don't expect everyone to agree.

I agree.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005

Do you shoot 1?

I would do whatever it takes to protect my family, If I had to shoot 1 or 2 or 3 so be it, but anyone who breaks into my property and shows an aggression that is seriously threatening me, more importantly, my family, I don't care what I do, but I would use everything possible to stop them (please note, I have answered the question and not tried to be clever and turn it back on you as you have done to me with questions and question marks!) People in gangs (3 is a gang) will very likely do whatever to get what they want (maybe more so in the USA granted) but surely defending your family is the most important thing, reasoning with people like that is a weakness they will likely use against you.

I gave you a very simple scenario, you did not answer one bit of it.......no worries.

Apologies, just re read your reply and maybe you did try to answer :thumbsup:

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
if these scumbags had gotten away with this

no doubt future crimes and escalated violence would have occurred

the actions of self defence in this case has probably saved some innocent lives further down the line

I caught a burglar in my front room one christmas

managed to get him out with a baseball bat

didn't fancy a roll around with him in case he had a knife

and it was in front of my wife and then young son

but since that day,I've always said next time I'll take no chances and whack the *******

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

Ask NSC for advise.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Maybe shooting 1 or more of the burglars in the legs maybe have been more appropriate force. The others would probably run off. If not shoot at them in the same way. Any more a threat, then fatally shooting them would be acceptable.

Catching an artery in the leg will kill a person in a very short time

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

We could say they should have chosen a different house to burgle. Do you burgle the home owner who shoots you in the legs or the homeowner who doesn’t care where they shoot you, or the one who lets you tie them up and torture them? It’s like a game of Russian Roulette.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
if these scumbags had gotten away with this

no doubt future crimes and escalated violence would have occurred

the actions of self defence in this case has probably saved some innocent lives further down the line

I caught a burglar in my front room one christmas

managed to get him out with a baseball bat

didn't fancy a roll around with him in case he had a knife

and it was in front of my wife and then young son

but since that day,I've always said next time I'll take no chances and whack the *******

I gave you a thumbsup for your reply, for the simple reason it is exactly how I feel, well done for sorting the incredibly awful situation you found yourself in, but you dealt with it, nice one :thumbsup:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
The folks on here who are questioning people in a self righteous way, because some have said they may possibly shoot in this given scenario. There is a very good chance your facing not only three masked intruders with weapons you can see, there is that threat real or not they could also be armed and not to mention they are twitching their nuts off....

The truth will out in this case, I do find it slightly odd you go masked up with bats and knuckledusters for a robbery, sounds more like they have gone to give someone a whipping. But what do I know I've never done an armed robbery, or been a victim of one.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Regarding the debate about whether or not it seems like these teenagers were looking for violence or not: Don't forget that the definition of burglary (in the UK at least, unsure about the USA and even less about Oklahoma specifically) doesn't just mean nicking stuff - they could well have been going into his house with the intention to assault/kill/kidnap.

I can't say I'd be comfortable with having shot 3 people, but equally not sure I can judge.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I have been burgled and they stole my wife's jewellery, much of which was sentimental and couldn't be replaced. I'd gladly have shot the ****.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here