• Tilley

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
So far, at least half a dozen of them for various reasons. But........ Since he left we knew what was missing, so he comes back with a winger each side and has contributed what was missing as if he had never been away. Murray for me.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Have gone for Knockaert, I agree it's a bit of a lazy choice.
There are a lot of players who have been exceptional this season.

I will have no complaints if the award goes to Stockdale, Bruno,Dunk,Duffy,Stephens, Baldock or Murray.

However It is hard to get past just how incredible Knockaert can be. Let's face it, he's pretty damn good on a very frequent basis.
I would argue that even in his poor games there will always be at least one bit of skill that no one else on the pitch could pull off.

On top of all that, he plays in every game, works as hard in defence as attack and always gives absolutely everything in every game

Surprised how few votes Murray has got, he's made a massive difference over this season albeit in the last few games not quite on top form

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
For me, it's Stockdale first choice, Knockaert second choice and Dunk third choice.

Honourable mentions to Duffy, Bruno, Stephens and Murray and a nod in the direction of Baldock, March, Bong and Sidwell who have played well in patches and individual games but player of the season is about the whole season for me. There have been spells of two/three games where certain players have disappeared but for me, Stockdale, Knockaert and Dunk have been the absolute game by game rocks who have always contributed. I accept the comments above about Knockaert in away games not producing as much but I don't think you can say there have been two consecutive games this season that he hasn't been good in at least one of them.

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
As others have said it's really tricky this year. AK is our match winner, Stockdale is our match saver, but Dunk has been the man to knit it all together. He's been a beast this year. Physical, committed, consistent, inspirational and those flipping 40-yard cross-field passes on a sixpence are a joy to behold. And then there was that run, surge and goal at Fulham away...

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Jamie Murphy?

I would love it to have been Jamie but he hasn't been the best player in the squad. He has played his part in the success but he has not been the most consistent. I see someone did vote for him though.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Knockaert is without doubt the best player, but I wouldn't vote for him as player of the season, as he's still too inconsistent away from home. Baldock has made a big difference this year, if there was a 'most improved player' award, it would definitely go to him.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I am suprised Murray has not got more votes to be honest, I don't expect him to win but for someone that could well end up with 20 odd goals you would expect a higher % of the vote.

Just goes to show how well many have performed this season.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
As others have said it's really tricky this year. AK is our match winner, Stockdale is our match saver, but Dunk has been the man to knit it all together. He's been a beast this year. Physical, committed, consistent, inspirational and those flipping 40-yard cross-field passes on a sixpence are a joy to behold. And then there was that run, surge and goal at Fulham away...

Totally agree with all of this.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I would vote for Stockers, basically because he's got us out of the poo on many an occasion this season, springboarding for a classic Albion counter attack :)

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Totally agree with all of this.

Looks like many believe best player is about either playing with flair but ignoring the games Ak has not turned up and Stockers penalty saves rather than his gaffs e.g. forest where there was a game which could have been drawn or won. To me Dunk is the one who puts it altogether at the back and his crossfield balls are as good as our best midfielders. dunk makes mistakes but this season he has been outstanding.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Still too early for me, many games yet for players to make VITAL contributions.

Those who have voted now may regret NOT voting for, say, Stockdale in a month's time.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
There are so many potential winners. More probably than ever before. Thinking about each of the most likely, Baldock and Stockdale seem the only two WITHOUT a little question mark:

Stockdale - strings of important saves, especially the penalties. Has won us a lot of points.
Baldock - tireless running. Scored great goals and CRUCIAL goals. Irreplaceable from our squad
Murray - top scorer, great return BUT his form hasn't been consistently at his best, IMO.
Dunk - brilliant season, BUT still SO many cards. Better than ever before but the ill-discipline is still there.
Duffy - immense, BUT will only actually play 2/3 of the season in an Albion shirt.
Stephens - statistically still our most important player, BUT can we overlook the points we dropped at the start of the season while he was 'sorting his head out'?
Knockaert - le petit magician. Sublime on his day - and it is very often his day, BUT has his (away) off days.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Thread title "YOUR PLAYER OF THE SEASON"
Poll closes on 25th April, so once again I'll say I'll vote then, if that's ok

Closing date for vote to count is actually 6th April, player of season awarded at "Players’ Awards Dinner on Monday 24th April".. It does seem peculiar to have it before end of season.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Still too early for me, many games yet for players to make VITAL contributions.

Those who have voted now may regret NOT voting for, say, Stockdale in a month's time.

.Closing date for vote to count is actually 6th April, player of season awarded at "Players’ Awards Dinner on Monday 24th April".. It does seem peculiar to have it before end of season.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Closing date for vote to count is actually 6th April, player of season awarded at "Players’ Awards Dinner on Monday 24th April".. It does seem peculiar to have it before end of season.

NSC closing date for this thread is 25th APRIL, it's not the official player of season vote but NSC
So once again, if it's ok with you I'll vote on the 25th thank you,sakes!!! :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here