Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trains up the spout for Villa?

As far as I can see to get to Birmingham New Street by 10:30 you'd need to catch the 04:38 from Brighton. Pushing 6 hours due to a replacement bus service between Brighton and Three Bridges. Even the 05:38 takes over 5 hours and anything after this and you won't make kick off.

Even if we don't get the rumored 7,000 tickets will the replacement bus service be able to cope? There will be loads of people going from Brighton and the buses will be full before they get halfway to three Bridges.

Anyone trying to go by train from anywhere south of Three Bridges is in for a fun journey!

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
There will be loads of people going from Brighton and the buses will be full before they get halfway to three Bridges.

This particular element isn't really an issue. The buses, usually, run express to Three Bridges, alongside a service that stops at the stations in between. Those going from Brighton won't fill up buses for those coming from other stations as they're less likely to be on them unless there's hardly any direct buses.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Anyone know when tickets going on sale?

AV.JPG

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
As far as I can see to get to Birmingham New Street by 10:30 you'd need to catch the 04:38 from Brighton. Pushing 6 hours due to a replacement bus service between Brighton and Three Bridges. Even the 05:38 takes over 5 hours and anything after this and you won't make kick off.

Even if we don't get the rumored 7,000 tickets will the replacement bus service be able to cope? There will be loads of people going from Brighton and the buses will be full before they get halfway to three Bridges.

Anyone trying to go by train from anywhere south of Three Bridges is in for a fun journey!

Where has the 7,000 rumour come from?

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
I am sure I still have a fan number/record with Villa from the FA Cup game in 2010. If push comes to shove it will be in with the home fans.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

Just an FYI but we only got 2,414 - Obv sold out way before but no extras forthcoming....

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Staying over on the Saturday. Don't give a toss how I get back Sunday.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Just an FYI but we only got 2,414 - Obv sold out way before but no extras forthcoming....
They've just given Birmingham 2,000 (obvs bit different...) and, yes, 2.4K is quite possible for us.

Hopefully talk of reciprocal arrangements is accurate and we will get the maximum (3K+)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here