Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wolves tickets - 500 left

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
We are 2nd with a real chance,having 24000 plus season tik holders,these should be selling out within a couple if days imo,but that's my view

We get slated on most forums and social media sites trust me

Normally our away support is very good throughout a season, those slating it are ignorant to the fan miles involved and scaling the capital which adds another c1h30 x2 to almost every journey. Also, you only need look at where the away coaches came from at the higher Amex attendances to know that those clubs have a larger scope of pulling fans in from around the country. We are very young in that respect, as it breeds through success.. or at the very least exposure from being in the PL.

Having said that and in my experience, it does seem like the same old faces i'm still seeing at away games since well before the Amex was built. With our massively increased home attendance, we should be doing slightly better away.

And I also agree at this stage in the season with promotion a very real possibility, we should be selling this out quicker.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
The generation of fans we lost during the last few years at The Goldstone through until the opening of Falmer are now aged from 15/16-35. I'd say most teams have the majority of their away fans made up of people in that bracket - young blokes off out on the piss with their mates.

I would suggest that our away attendances include a higher proportion of families & older fans than the average FL club. Give it 10 years and a couple of Prem seasons and we'll be taking much higher figures everywhere, with a lot more moaning on here about pissed up kids being dicks.

:shrug:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
How are our away attendances comparing this season with the last say 2-3 years ? Are they increasing ?
Sorry too lazy to look for any stats - sure someone has them.....................

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
How are our away attendances comparing this season with the last say 2-3 years ? Are they increasing ?
Sorry too lazy to look for any stats - sure someone has them.....................

I don't have the stats, but pretty sure they are on the up. Whether they've grown more proportionally than our home support is a different question.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I don't have the stats, but pretty sure they are on the up. Whether they've grown more proportionally than our home support is a different question.

That's what I was thinking - I guess home support is up maybe 20% (av 24k to more like 28k perhaps ?) this season, definitely seems to have been more of a scramble for away tickets this season. More Saturday afternoon games would've helped........

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Ok. I trust you - slated for what? By the way, I read other clubs' fans forums and haven't noticed any undue digs regarding our fans or attendances, so where is your information coming from?

I'm guessing he is getting the information from Twitter.
There are a few accounts with names like ' Away Fans ' these accounts post photos of away support at a match.
There are always tweets from various fans commenting on the away support.

Brighton away support usually gets snide comments on these accounts, I look at the Twitter accounts of the ' fans ' taking the piss, it's usually teenage boys that support Arsenal, Leeds or Sheff Weds :lolol: and Palace fans.
Sometimes there are also decent comments from fans that realise, Brighton taking 1000 fans to Rotherham on a Tuesday
is actually good support.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
It shouldn't rile me anymore but I just don't get the mentality of certain posters who wish to denigrate our club at any chance they get.

We've sold 2,000 tickets for an away game which is still a couple of weeks off and which is on the TV. Christ on a bike, I saw us play at Wolves in the early 90s and there were only a few hundred of us. And yes, we were having a good season.

Brighton has never had the numbers away of certain other clubs in our league and there's no shame in that.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That's what I was thinking - I guess home support is up maybe 20% (av 24k to more like 28k perhaps ?) this season, definitely seems to have been more of a scramble for away tickets this season. More Saturday afternoon games would've helped........

Our average home attendance is not much different to where it was a few years back when Poyet's team was drawing them in.

2016/17 27.619 (thus far)
2015/16 25.583
2014/15 25.645
2013/14 27.283
2012/13 26.236

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It shouldn't rile me anymore but I just don't get the mentality of certain posters who wish to denigrate our club at any chance they get.

We've sold 2,000 tickets for an away game which is still a couple of weeks off and which is on the TV. Christ on a bike, I saw us play at Wolves in the early 90s and there were only a few hundred of us. And yes, we were having a good season.

Brighton has never had the numbers away of certain other clubs in our league and there's no shame in that.

Agreed. I feel for those who get embarrassed because our travelling support is not on a par with the likes of Leeds, Newcastle and Forest.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Good post.
I could understand if we had only sold 500 ,I'm sure we will sell the remaining tickets especially if the results go our way between now and the Wolves match.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Our average home attendance is not much different to where it was a few years back when Poyet's team was drawing them in.

2015/16 25.583
2014/15 25.645
2013/14 27.283
2012/13 26.236

Thanks for that - interesting (and I guess we're still waiting for the 'inevitable' drop off so many predicted ???). So 10% up on the previous couple of seasons.........I reckon away support is probably similar, if not a bit more.

This. I've not bought a ticket. I', seeing what family stuff comes up and if nothing does, I may decide to go. I may be too late in which case I'll watch it on the telly.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
It's not collapsed in absolute terms has it?

Without having any specifics to hand, my hunch is that our away support has remained pretty consistent, but relative to our home support it is now a significantly smaller percentage.

I'll find some statistics and get back to you, comparing our attendances against teams from this year to previous years at Withdean.

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
I'm a newbie away fan, just started this season and from my experience there's no way we can be called tinpot.
The atmosphere created in the away end is always superb, so much better than any visitors to the Amex have managed to generate.
We are the southern most team in the championship and in a division dominated by teams in the north/midlands we have by far the most travelling to do which makes it all the more amazing that we can get such good turn outs on our travels.
It's also not just about quantity but quality as well and we are among gnat the very best without doubt.
Roll on next season l, I personally can't wait wherever we may be.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
As is so often the case, an NSC debate with no evidence presented.

Last year's playoff game aside, I would be surprised if anyone can find evidence that we have ever taken 1,000+ to an away midweek game in Yorkshire, as we did to Rotherham recently.

Historically, our away support has varied hugely. We have taken massive numbers to big games or London games. We have also been reduced to a handful of bobble-hatters and brave souls. The game at Everton in October 82 comes to mind. We were mid-table in the top division having won our previous 3 home games, including beating Arsenal and coming from 2-0 down to beat Sunderland 3-2. We'd then taken a couple of thousand to Luton and got beat 5-0. The following Saturday, 3pm ko, we took less than 100 to Everton in a total crowd of 17k.

PG

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

2015/16 25.583
2014/15 25.645
2013/14 27.283
2012/13 26.236

You have used the term pretendance before, and these figures relate to tickets sold rather than bums on seats. With away figures, baring the odd one here or there, tickets sold = bums on seats.

I don't really go away with The Albion much these days but back in the pre social media days of the eighties we were PROUD to be part of a small following, it didn't feel "tinpot" taking 40 or so to Simod Cup matches at Plymouth or Norwich, likewise 150 to Roker Park, it felt good. Even towards the end of a promotion wimnning season I can only recall about 400 of us stuck in a little pen on a nice sunny day at Doncasters old Belle Vue ground. I remember feeling good about it. That same season when Doncaster brought about 12 fans down midweek, we shook their hands, nowadays we'd photograph them like zoo animals, stick it on @AwayFans with the hashtag "shitfans"

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
As is so often the case, an NSC debate with no evidence presented.

Last year's playoff game aside, I would be surprised if anyone can find evidence that we have ever taken 1,000+ to an away midweek game in Yorkshire, as we did to Rotherham recently.

Not selling our allocation for the Wednesday away play off game is a social media favourite.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here