Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you own many films on blu-ray?

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
None at all .

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
The only blu-rays I have watched are the hobbit the rest are still sitting there. I am severely pruning my DVDs at the moment and expect a 50% reduction in them. I will be keeping the kids ones though as they have been watched repeatedly.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
I don't replace any old films with blu-ray, but any new films are bought on blu-ray. The technology is old now though and largely unnecessary but there is something to be said about owning a physical copy of a film.
This. I've got (ahem) "quite a few" and (another ahem) "quite a few CDs". I do use digital/streaming for the convenience but nothing beats having the real thing, particularly when it comes to special editions/rarities. Big Pink Floyd fan so got a fair few related items from them, amongst other things...

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Mrs Orange was out at a gig the other night, so after I'd finally got the nippers to sleep I stuck on Deadpool for a second viewing.

I like having physical copies of things, and I don't trust my ISP quite enough to provide a completely uninterrupted stream!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have what I imagine are some rarities on DVD:

The Singing Ringing Tree
VR5
The Singing Detective
VNV Nation live
numrous Denis Potter
Space Patrol
The Inspevctor Alleyn Mysteries

etc etc that are unlikely to transfer to another format anytime soon.

Mind you - I can't remember the last time I watched any of it :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here