Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

IF all 3 were fully fit, who would be YOUR first choice left back for BHA for the run in?

If ALL 3 were fully fit, who would be your first choice left back?

• BONG

Votes: 48 17.1%
  • POC

Votes: 81 28.9%
  • ROSENIOR

Votes: 151 53.9%

• Total voters

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
In the order that you posted them Bong, then Pocognoli and in an emergency Rosenior as he has not been up to it since returning from injury and to suggest that he links better with our wide man is absolute rubbish he is by far the worst of the 3 for that. I think that he is a great player but should only be used on the left in an emergency.

Rosenior all day long. The guy just oozes quality, experience, composure, energy and passion, and looks just as assured at LB than at RB. His link-up play is faultless and he's breezed back into the team since his injury. The above quote is just staggering.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
In the order that you posted them Bong, then Pocognoli and in an emergency Rosenior as he has not been up to it since returning from injury and to suggest that he links better with our wide man is absolute rubbish he is by far the worst of the 3 for that. I think that he is a great player but should only be used on the left in an emergency.

Ridiculous post even for you BG! What exactly has Liam done wrong? Bong has been a liability all season! Liam is by far the most consistent left back!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Perhaps I omitted them because I was talking about right footed left backs. That seems a reasonable thing to do when discussing right footed left backs! Not that Ashley Cole would have got near the LB spot with some of those players around anyway (please note my use of the word 'some', not 'all').
As for the Phil Neville comment, all I can say is, Wow, very good footballer makes occasional mistake - Hold the front page!

That is just the point 2 of the best left backs ever in Roberto Carlos and Ashley Cole, how many caps did they get? Both were left footed which helped their game. As regards Phil Neville very good player especially at right back and as a holding midfielder but sadly not as a left back as he was always exposed by wingers going outside of him. This is just my opinion other people may think differently

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That is just the point 2 of the best left backs ever in Roberto Carlos and Ashley Cole, how many caps did they get? Both were left footed which helped their game. As regards Phil Neville very good player especially at right back and as a holding midfielder but sadly not as a left back as he was always exposed by wingers going outside of him. This is just my opinion other people may think differently
Ashley Cole ahead of Maldini, Fachetti, Breitner and Lahm? OK, whatever.

And sorry, it is you who are missing the point: Maldini, Fachetti, Breitner, Lahm, Brehme and the rest are simply living proof that right footed players can play at LB incredibly well, to the level of being world class in fact. Better even than a lot of left footers. And just to make the point again, Ashley Cole and \Roberto Carlos have no place on a list of right footed left backs!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ashley Cole ahead of Maldini, Fachetti, Breitner and Lahm? OK, whatever.

And sorry, it is you who are missing the point: Maldini, Fachetti, Breitner, Lahm, Brehme and the rest are simply living proof that right footed players can play at LB incredibly well, to the level of being world class in fact. Better even than a lot of left footers. And just to make the point again, Ashley Cole and \Roberto Carlos have no place on a list of right footed left backs!

I believe he was as good as if not better than all of those you mntion good enough in fact to earn 107 caps for England over 13 years. My point is that the teo best in my viw were both left footed. The only one who came near to either was Maldini

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
What a decision to have. All 3 have huge benefits. I wouldn't mind any of them and would have other two on the bench.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I believe he was as good as if not better than all of those you mntion good enough in fact to earn 107 caps for England over 13 years. My point is that the teo best in my viw were both left footed. The only one who came near to either was Maldini
He earned 107 caps for a team that didn't win anything. Doubt he'd have got a game ahead of Fachetti or Breitner, for example.

Fachetti - World Cup runner up, European Nations Cup winner;
Breitner - World Cup winner 1974, runner up 1982.

.....and all on the wrong foot!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Bong. He's being voted last here because out of sight is out of mind, but he was CH's first choice when all of them were fit at the start of the season and I expect he'll be first choice at the start of next season

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Poco not convinced he is the best though. Assuming he is fully fit of course. Bong has been out rather longer, so more of a risk bringing him back. LR is great cover, but he equally could start and swap sides if Bruno is struggling or we need to go to just one winger.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Tricky
I think Pocognoli is a better defender than Bong
Bong is a better attack minded defender but maybe rather rusty after his long lay off
As said above Rosenior's versatility can also be his downfall and perhaps he'd be better used off the bench

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
If all were fully fit, I would probably have Bong there. Being left footed, he provides a nice balance on that side of the field, and can be a real threat on the overlap with balls into the box.

Second choice for me would be Liam. I think his professionalism and understanding with the rest of the back five would stand him in better reckoning than Pog, who's only been with us for a few months.

An embarrassment of riches if all were fit!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

NO, to suggest Rosenior has not been up to it since his return is absolute rubbish.

All 3 are cracking full backs.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Based on the premise of the OP(i.e. if FULLY fit) then I would imagine Pocognoli is the best of the three. I don't believe that we've actually seen a fully match fit Poco yet.

All three are good full backs though, making it an interesting question with no right answer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here