Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

IF all 3 were fully fit, who would be YOUR first choice left back for BHA for the run in?

If ALL 3 were fully fit, who would be your first choice left back?

• BONG

Votes: 48 17.1%
  • POC

Votes: 81 28.9%
  • ROSENIOR

Votes: 151 53.9%

• Total voters

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Defensively it's got to be Bong which is Hughton's preferred choice.

Having said that, he usually takes an ice age to get back to his best so i'd be concerned bringing him back in for the run-in.

I seem to remember us bringing him on for the first time after last season's injury for Bruno against Burnley at home, and he put us under unnecessary pressure which eventually led to THAT corner due to lack of match sharpness.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
NO, to suggest Rosenior has not been up to it since his return is absolute rubbish.

All 3 are cracking full backs.

It is a personal view that he has been found wanting and caught out by having to put it on his right foot to pass the ball but I am probably biased as it is obvious I prefer a player at left back that can kick equally well with his left foot or is naturally left footed this is compounded when Skalak is playing wide as he is equally right footed. I accept that it may take some games for Bong to be back to his best so have opted for Pocognoli if fit. As many have said Liam has so much to offer in other positions for us.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I think some have overlooked the option of playing Rosenior on the right wing, especially in away games. So when all 3 are fit I would play Pocognoli at LB and Rosenior at RM, the link up play between Bruno and Rosenior is a joy to watch!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
It is a personal view that he has been found wanting and caught out by having to put it on his right foot to pass the ball but I am probably biased as it is obvious I prefer a player at left back that can kick equally well with his left foot or is naturally left footed this is compounded when Skalak is playing wide as he is equally right footed. I accept that it may take some games for Bong to be back to his best so have opted for Pocognoli if fit. As many have said Liam has so much to offer in other positions for us.

I understand you prefer a left footed full back, but Rosenior for me has been first class since his return to the side, when i have seen him anyway.

HIs home performance against Derby was literally the perfect left back display, the like we have not seen since Wayne Bridge was here.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I think some have overlooked the option of playing Rosenior on the right wing, especially in away games. So when all 3 are fit I would play Pocognoli at LB and Rosenior at RM, the link up play between Bruno and Rosenior is a joy to watch!

So we're dropping Knockaert?

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
You omitted the best ever Roberto Carlos and the best ever English one Ashley Cole. Just to add it was Phil Neville playing left back and getting caught trying to kick with his right foot that goit us knocked out of the world cup

Don't want to be pedantic BG but it was actually the Euros in 2000 and not the World Cup.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Rosenior followed by Pocognoli and then, finally, Bong.

Rosenior very simply needs to be in the team, every game. Whether that's left back, right back, right midfield, left midfield or playing up front - he has to be there. He is a very talented footballer.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Our defence was far better with bong in, so it would have to be bong. Rosenoir is a must on the bench.

What is the latest with Bruno, poco and bongs injuries? Sounds like Bruno was almost ready for Leeds so he will be back, what about the other two? Need as much reinforcement as possible given that dunk will get a three match ban soon.

Hopefully that Norwegian guy will be ready soon too.

Sent from my P9000 using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Glad you found it a joy to watch, but just remind me, please - just how many minutes have Bruno and Rosenior played together down the right?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

We all know Rosenior can be very effective at Right midfield if required. The question was not that though, its who when fit is your best left back.. so your answer is POC.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I've been slagging off the international break (as usual) but now all is forgiven.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here