Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

IF all 3 were fully fit, who would be YOUR first choice left back for BHA for the run in?

If ALL 3 were fully fit, who would be your first choice left back?

• BONG

Votes: 48 17.1%
  • POC

Votes: 81 28.9%
  • ROSENIOR

Votes: 151 53.9%

• Total voters

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
All 3 have their strengths and weaknesses, and I would say that - at their best - there isn't much between them.

Gaetan Bong
Seb Pocognoli
Liam Rosenior

Where does your vote go? And why?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In the order that you posted them Bong, then Pocognoli and in an emergency Rosenior as he has not been up to it since returning from injury and to suggest that he links better with our wide man is absolute rubbish he is by far the worst of the 3 for that. I think that he is a great player but should only be used on the left in an emergency.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Has your account been hacked?

Bong. We need to attack in the remaining games, especially at home, and he is better at that than Pog and seems to link better with whoever is in front of him, although Pog can put a mean cross in.

Liam is more versatile so if he doesn't start he would be invaluable on the bench. That said, I think he's always done well when he's played in midfield.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
In the order that you posted them Bong, then Pocognoli and in an emergency Rosenior as he has not been up to it since returning from injury and to suggest that he links better with our wide man is absolute rubbish he is by far the worst of the 3 for that. I think that he is a great player but should only be used on the left in an emergency.

Bore off :moo:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think Rosenior is getting quite a few votes due to his strengths in certain attributes that aren't as....physical.

i.e.

Composure
Intelligence
Passion
Winning Mentality

These could be vital when it comes to the crunch, and LR has them in spades.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Bong has been responsible for quite a few assists. He is great at whipping a quick cross in without signalling it to the entire waiting defence first.

Although you could argue that if we need to protect what we have, then Rosenior or Pog would be a better choice.

I think it would depend on the opposing team * helpful face *

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

Why do you post in a manner which suggests you're superior to every other fan?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Rosenior for me, he most sklled and experienced of the three.
And don't give me that nonsense that he should not play left back except in emergency, or as a last resort, because he's right footed. Nilton Santos, Paulo Maldini and Giacinto Fachetti are considered by many as the top three left backs ever. They were all right footed... and there are other top left backs who also happen to be right footed, I believe, such as Paul Breitner, Karl-Heinze Schnellinger, Ruud Krol, Junior, Brehme, Lahm and Zambrotta. Denis Irwin and Phil Neville didn't do too badly either. I think Andy Hinchcliffe was a left footer too.
Any of those in their prime could probably get a game down at the Amex!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Rosenior for me, he most sklled and experienced of the three.
And don't give me that nonsense that he should not play left back except in emergency, or as a last resort, because he's right footed. Nilton Santos, Paulo Maldini and Giacinto Fachetti are considered by many as the top three left backs ever. They were all right footed... and there are other top left backs who also happen to be right footed, I believe, such as Paul Breitner, Karl-Heinze Schnellinger, Ruud Krol, Junior, Brehme, Lahm and Zambrotta. Denis Irwin and Phil Neville didn't do too badly either. I think Andy Hinchcliffe was a left footer too.
Any of those in their prime could probably get a game down at the Amex!

You omitted the best ever Roberto Carlos and the best ever English one Ashley Cole. Just to add it was Phil Neville playing left back and getting caught trying to kick with his right foot that goit us knocked out of the world cup

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
For me it's Bong because he has a good ratio of ''Goal Assists per minutes on the field for a left back

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here