Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

IF all 3 were fully fit, who would be YOUR first choice left back for BHA for the run in?

If ALL 3 were fully fit, who would be your first choice left back?

• BONG

Votes: 48 17.1%
  • POC

Votes: 81 28.9%
  • ROSENIOR

Votes: 151 53.9%

• Total voters

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
To prevent them scoring and then as I said bring on AK and March to help nick the winner.

I'd rather have a decent lead and then be able to relax (us fans, not the team!) for the last part of the game rather than play 75 minutes for a 0-0 draw and then try and scramble a late winner (or more likely in that scenario, a late equaliser).

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Rosenior provided March is in front of him. I do not like both players on the left being right footed and looking to cut in.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
If all at the top of their game, for me it's Bong, Poco, LR, in that order.

I think some have forgotten how good Bong was at the start of last season, he's more athletic than the other two,and I like a left footed left back. Poco, is a loan, a very good loan ,but still a loan. A marginally better defender than Bong, but not that much in it, and not as effective going forward as Bong when he's flying.
I love Liam, but he's right footed, and not as good going forward as either of the other two, and not as good a defender,ON THE KEFT HAND SIDE. Also, if he is starting, we would need another left sided defender on the bench to cover him, thus reducing our options.
If Liam is on the bench, he covers both fullback spots, and defensive midfield as well

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I would say Poc because of his delivery, but am happy with any of them tbh, and if fit Adekugbe could probably do a job as well. We are quite well off for players who can play there if 3 weren't injured.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
I went for Poc because Rosenior will of course lose a second or two when attacking to cut in and cross.

But I wouldn't exactly be unhappy if he was our first choice LB for the remainder of the season. That said, I would give Bruno a rest and play him on that side for a bit too.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Bong or Pocognoli, on the basis that, whilst Liam's engine is still terrific, he has better ability than any to cover several positions though - I suppose CH could always move players around in the event of a substitution but that, of course, could create other problems - I just don't know !

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You omitted the best ever Roberto Carlos and the best ever English one Ashley Cole. Just to add it was Phil Neville playing left back and getting caught trying to kick with his right foot that goit us knocked out of the world cup
Perhaps I omitted them because I was talking about right footed left backs. That seems a reasonable thing to do when discussing right footed left backs! Not that Ashley Cole would have got near the LB spot with some of those players around anyway (please note my use of the word 'some', not 'all').
As for the Phil Neville comment, all I can say is, Wow, very good footballer makes occasional mistake - Hold the front page!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Rosenior I have always said is the best of the 3

And is the only one who has played in the premier league as a left back for any period of time without looking out of place

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
If all at the top of their game, for me it's Bong, Poco, LR, in that order.

I think some have forgotten how good Bong was at the start of last season, he's more athletic than the other two,and I like a left footed left back. Poco, is a loan, a very good loan ,but still a loan. A marginally better defender than Bong, but not that much in it, and not as effective going forward as Bong when he's flying.
I love Liam, but he's right footed, and not as good going forward as either of the other two, and not as good a defender,ON THE KEFT HAND SIDE. Also, if he is starting, we would need another left sided defender on the bench to cover him, thus reducing our options.
If Liam is on the bench, he covers both fullback spots, and defensive midfield as well

I think you are probably right about athleticness regarding Bong. Poc has more tricks up his sleeve though. Bong and Skalak didn't hit it off so I guess there is a lot to consider with who they are playing with. Bong and Kaz were on the same wavelength and were pretty good together. It just makes the decisions that much harder because it's not just about who is the best technically and fitter in a role, it's about who is on the same wavelength as the players around them.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I think Rosenior is getting quite a few votes due to his strengths in certain attributes that aren't as....physical.

i.e.

Composure
Intelligence
Passion
Winning Mentality

These could be vital when it comes to the crunch, and LR has them in spades.

Go with all of those, but would add in the fact that he's currently got his mitts on the shirt, and has done nothing to suggest that he wants CH to take it off him. And, you forgot his team ethos, that togetherness is going to be utterly crucial over the run-in.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Poc for me.He always surprises me when he does something special,as I've forgotten he's on the pitch,which means he's doing his job well, without any drama.Liam as our most versatile player needs to be on the bench for cover.Bong not back to the level he reached in his first games for the club.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Rosenior, just from Pocognoli. Personally haven't got a problem with either though.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
I love Rosenior and he would walk into most sides (and will into ours when Bruno retires), but now matter how competent he is at left back I would always choose to have a left-footed left back. Poc for me.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
I think Rosenior is getting quite a few votes due to his strengths in certain attributes that aren't as....physical.

i.e.

Composure
Intelligence
Passion
Winning Mentality

These could be vital when it comes to the crunch, and LR has them in spades.

Additionally he is quick. Which we lack in the side, particularly in defence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here