Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

IF all 3 were fully fit, who would be YOUR first choice left back for BHA for the run in?

If ALL 3 were fully fit, who would be your first choice left back?

• BONG

Votes: 48 17.1%
  • POC

Votes: 81 28.9%
  • ROSENIOR

Votes: 151 53.9%

• Total voters

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
The Belgium international has a little more quality in my opinion. Not a bad situation to be in though if all 3 fit

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Tricky one... I'm going with Poc for his defensive skills over Bong, but I love Rosenior too, with his natural leadership qualities...

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Liam
Bong
Poc

In that order. It's a great problem to have. 3 good players.

My man crush on Liam probably helps sway this but he is very good going forward whilst not a liability at the back.
In my opinion, Bong is the best defender out of all of them. His positional sense is VERY good.
Poc, although better than Bong going forward, wanders from his defensive post. It wasn't really noticed at the time but during our "bad patch" a few goals (Brentford etc) came from a winger slipping in to where he should have been covering.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Without any ITK or anything I've got a feeling Bong is out for the season. No mention of a return date, no mention of what the injury was/is....just vanished off the radar.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Three excellent options. I'd go for Rosenior due to the intangible qualities that others have already mentioned.

Bong for me, best defender

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Pocognoli for me at left back with Bong a very adaquat back up, Liam Rosenior can play almost anywhere and is just superb with the effort he puts in in any position he is designated, wide attacking midfield protecting his full back is where I prefer him.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
In the order that you posted them Bong, then Pocognoli and in an emergency Rosenior as he has not been up to it since returning from injury and to suggest that he links better with our wide man is absolute rubbish he is by far the worst of the 3 for that. I think that he is a great player but should only be used on the left in an emergency.

:ffsparr:

So much for being LB expert BG! Clueless as always!

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
LR for me, awesome against Derby on his comeback start. Happy for him to start RM in away games though, Bong maybe for home games as more attacking, although POG is no slouch, that cross for Knocky's winner against Massive was top drawer. What a 'problem' for Chris to have, assuming they're all fit of course

Last edited:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
LR by a small margin, all fit for purpose (when fit) BUT he gets the nod from me as being a leader of men. Exemplary professionalism should be enough to see us up. That's Rosenior.
Nice position to be in.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here