Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield - Jonathan Hogg and Jon Gorenc Stankovic

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I can't remember exactly (and can't be bothered to look) but the Aussies are playing something like Thursday night in Sydney.

Nothing listed for Thursday on the Socceroos website.

Apart from that as Thunder Bolt has posted the Huddersfield Examiner link that he's back in training on Tuesday.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Nothing listed for Thursday on the Socceroos website.

Apart from that as Thunder Bolt has posted the Huddersfield Examiner link that he's back in training on Tuesday.

Google is your friend.

Australia vs United Arab Emirates

FIFA World Cup Qualification AFC Final Group Stage

Tomorrow, 10:00
Allianz Stadium
Australia vs United Arab Emirates

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Correct.
http://www.examiner.co.uk/sport/football/news/aaron-mooy-rejoin-huddersfield-town-12802846

Not to be pedantic, but I don't think Hogg played in the home game against you lot, so there is hope for Hudds despite the Hogg injury blow. :bigwave:

As you're here, tell me about this Hefele bloke.

To me, he looks like a standard old school big-bloke-at-the-back, no real skill, but his sheer personality gives him cult status with the fans. Is he actually any good? I see he keeps playing, so presumably he's done something right.

LondonTown

Mar 13, 2017
As you're here, tell me about this Hefele bloke.

To me, he looks like a standard old school big-bloke-at-the-back, no real skill, but his sheer personality gives him cult status with the fans. Is he actually any good? I see he keeps playing, so presumably he's done something right.
Good all round. He plays a lot of telling passes out of defence, and scores the odd goal with head and feet. He has a good partnership with Schindler, the other German centre back. He scored the winner against L666ds, so he will forever be held in high regard by Hudds fans ... and God.

We missed him against Brizzle City. Hudson came in for him, whose bad back pass lead to their first goal, and then Hogg collided with him to damage his neck. :facepalm:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Good all round. He plays a lot of telling passes out of defence, and scores the odd goal with head and feet. He has a good partnership with Schindler, the other German centre back. He scored the winner against L666ds, so he will forever be held in high regard by Hudds fans ... and God.

We missed him against Brizzle City. Hudson came in for him, whose bad back pass lead to their first goal, and then Hogg collided with him to damage his neck. :facepalm:

Yeah I saw that. To be honest, whilst Hudson undoubtedly could have done better, there was another player in there who was just as culpable (in my view). Guess he's a bit more popular than Hudson though, so he didn't seem to cop a lot of flak. I can't actually remember who it was, as is probably obvious :lol:

Talking centre halves, the most overrated in this league is of course Pontus Jansson. I've not seen him have a good game yet. Leeds fans must have seen some right old crap in recent years if they genuinely regard Jansson as their saviour.

LondonTown

Mar 13, 2017
Yeah I saw that. To be honest, whilst Hudson undoubtedly could have done better, there was another player in there who was just as culpable (in my view). Guess he's a bit more popular than Hudson though, so he didn't seem to cop a lot of flak. I can't actually remember who it was, as is probably obvious :lol:

Talking centre halves, the most overrated in this league is of course Pontus Jansson. I've not seen him have a good game yet. Leeds fans must have seen some right old crap in recent years if they genuinely regard Jansson as their saviour.

Agreed, but he's not bad in a scuffle on the side lines when it comes to general snarling and aggressive body language. This skill is especially useful when your manager and fans are prone to assaulting opposition managers and players, shortly before claiming to be the innocent party. :angel:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Huddersfield Town have taken 11 points from the 8 matches he has been absent.

I suspect there are a number of other factors but he is a key player.

Best wishes to him though, nasty injury.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Huddersfield Town have taken 11 points from the 8 matches he has been absent.

I suspect there are a number of other factors but he is a key player.

Best wishes to him though, nasty injury.

Good stats. Clearly a huge blow. The equivalent of when Stephens was out for us.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Huddersfield Town have taken 11 points from the 8 matches he has been absent..

I'm trying to keep a lid on my hopes ("we've still got 17% of the season to go", "anyone can beat anyone in this league", "Dirty Leeds aren't quite out of this yet", "we can still bugger this up", "what happens if Stephens gets injured?"; that sort of thing) when you come along and post something that undoes all my good work.

Have a care, chap.

Nasty injury, hope he makes a full recovery - for next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here