Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield - Jonathan Hogg and Jon Gorenc Stankovic

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Played 30 games this season, how much will Huddersfield miss him from the starting 11?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
A couple of their fans said he was an essential part of their side. Here's hoping.

LondonTown

Mar 13, 2017
Hogg is a big blow for us. Not the most technically gifted, but very hard working. He gets the tackles in, plays the simple balls, and covers a lot of ground. An unselfish Claude Makelele type player. Hogg and Mooy were one of the best midfield partnerships at this level, IMHO. We have other midfielders ready to step in. Billing is skilful but less defensive minded. Kyle Dempsey is decent, but currently on loan at Fleetwood, and maybe not quite ready for this level yet. Dean Whitehead is experienced, but knocking on a bit now and prone to mistakes of late. :(

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Cheers for the assessment [MENTION=35280]LondonTown[/MENTION], sounds like a player who keeps everything ticking over. Bit like Dale Stephens not flashy but binds things together and add intelligent positoning and you have an important part of the team in one player!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Hogg is a big blow for us. Not the most technically gifted, but very hard working. He gets the tackles in, plays the simple balls, and covers a lot of ground. An unselfish Claude Makelele type player. Hogg and Mooy were one of the best midfield partnerships at this level, IMHO. We have other midfielders ready to step in. Billing is skilful but less defensive minded. Kyle Dempsey is decent, but currently on loan at Fleetwood, and maybe not quite ready for this level yet. Dean Whitehead is experienced, but knocking on a bit now and prone to mistakes of late. :(

So as important as Kante was to Leicester, yeah? :wink:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
When he got injured, I read somewhere that he is the only player in their squad without a like for like replacement.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Mooy is also unlikely to make it back from Australia in time for Saturday's 3pm kick off. :thumbsup:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I

That much.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
How long is he out for?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I can't remember exactly (and can't be bothered to look) but the Aussies are playing something like Thursday night in Sydney.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here