Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield - Jonathan Hogg and Jon Gorenc Stankovic

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Hogg is a big blow for us. Not the most technically gifted, but very hard working. He gets the tackles in, plays the simple balls, and covers a lot of ground. An unselfish Claude Makelele type player. Hogg and Mooy were one of the best midfield partnerships at this level, IMHO. We have other midfielders ready to step in. Billing is skilful but less defensive minded. Kyle Dempsey is decent, but currently on loan at Fleetwood, and maybe not quite ready for this level yet. Dean Whitehead is experienced, but knocking on a bit now and prone to mistakes of late. :(

It could be the case that the absence of a top player actually galvanises the rest of the squad even further, so I'm not expecting to see a dip in the HTFC form.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Huddersfield Town defender Jon Gorenc Stankovic has been ruled out for up to 10 months !!

Oh this is good news again for us, not for Huddersfield.

Huddersfield Town defender Jon Gorenc Stankovic has been ruled out for up to 10 months with a knee injury.

The 21-year-old sustained damage to his anterior cruciate ligament while training with Slovenia Under-21s.

Stankovic, who joined the Championship side from Borussia Dortmund last summer, has made 12 appearances for the Terriers this season.

"He's quickly adapted to English football and has shown that he has so much to offer," boss David Wagner said.

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
Wow! That's taking schadenfreude to a new level.

Solly March is roughly the same age, and had similar type of injury, and you are celebrating this kid being out for 10 months....

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Wow! That's taking schadenfreude to a new level.

Solly March is roughly the same age, and had similar type of injury, and you are celebrating this kid being out for 10 months....

Where am I celebrating anything, please show me ?

It is good news for us as in he is a key member of the squad and bad news for Huddersfield.

Hardly got the bunting out....

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Oh this is good news for us.... I'd call that celebrating

Ok whatever, so your having a go at me for saying it is good news for a key player from Huddersfield Town defence is out for the crucial run in, and possibly our best chance ever of going up ?

I for one will take any help going, and if this is help in "our" cause, if that makes me a horrible so be it. You don't think other fans of Leeds, or Huddersfield were the same when Duffy got injured, you think they were not rubbing their hands thinking.... Ohhhh this will help us...

Get real, of course I wish the lad well and it is a shame, but at the end of the day Albion come first in my book.

Fnd_hudds

That Huddersfield Tosser
Feb 3, 2017
Izzy Brown sounds like is injured and back at Chelsea looking at DATM forum

We don't really know on that one, likely that he might be out for a few weeks though. And Kasey Palmer is still out.

We've got a job on to get through the next few weeks.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We don't really know on that one, likely that he might be out for a few weeks though. And Kasey Palmer is still out.

That is a shame. I genuinely hope you have a close to full strength team, to take you up, via the play-offs.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Izzy Brown sounds pissed off on instagram, talk of recovery etc. He wont be back very soon (total guess).

We were dead on our feet last season down to the bare bones but have rotated a fair bit this season in nearly all areas due to the better depth of the squad (bar the CBs) - it looks like it may go in our favour this year if Huddersfield are now struggling like we were. We'll see.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Hi fella,

I genuinely wish Huddersfield no ill or bad feeling, in an ideal world it would be nice if we could both go up. Please accept my apologises if my comments regarding further injuries to your squad seemed crass. That is not how I want to come across, you were by far the best team I have seen us play the day you ripped us a new one.

Good luck., but not too much.... You know what I mean

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Excellent news.
Agreed. Our horrific injury luck around xmas last year, and getting 4 injured in the playoffs first leg cost us dear. Deluded if anyone thinks our rivals were genuinely sympathetic. Of course I take no pleasure in players getting injured, but it's part and parcel of the game. Anything that disrupts our rivals is good news for us, as far as I'm concerned, especially when they're key players. That said, I hope Hudds go up rather than the other 3 currently in the top 6.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here