Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield - Jonathan Hogg and Jon Gorenc Stankovic

LondonTown

Mar 13, 2017
He'll be raring to go to spearhead the Terriers' promotion push in 2017-18. :thumbsup:
Pun intended?

Furthermore, thirteen is unlucky, according to many, so I am making this fourteenth post in the hope of Town not picking up any more injuries this weekend.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Thirteen is unlucky, according to many, so I am making this fourteenth post in the hope of Town not picking up any more injuries this weekend.

Having lost Duffy for basically all of April now, I can sympathise to some degree. Also, last year our terrible run of injuries right at the business end of the season proved critical. It's the way it goes I guess, que sera, sera.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I don't expect this unfortunate injury to have too much affect, I think HT have quite a few players to slot in from their reserves including those wanting to prove a point or earn a new contract.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Hogg is a big blow for us. Not the most technically gifted, but very hard working. He gets the tackles in, plays the simple balls, and covers a lot of ground. An unselfish Claude Makelele type player. Hogg and Mooy were one of the best midfield partnerships at this level, IMHO. We have other midfielders ready to step in. Billing is skilful but less defensive minded. Kyle Dempsey is decent, but currently on loan at Fleetwood, and maybe not quite ready for this level yet. Dean Whitehead is experienced, but knocking on a bit now and prone to mistakes of late. :(

Thanks for this, and I'd go along with that Hogg and Mooy duo assessment: they seem to have been the foundation from which so much you do springs. Last year, it was our central midfield duo of Kayal and Stephens that really drove us up the table, and those two seem to have done something similar to your stunning climb up the table this season.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Stankovic (Hudders squad defender) has done his cruciate in training for Slovenia U21s.

Out for 10 months, poor chap, hope he makes a full recovery.

PG

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Stankovic (Hudders squad defender) has done his cruciate in training for Slovenia U21s.

Out for 10 months, poor chap, hope he makes a full recovery.

PG

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

12 1st team appearances this season

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
To be honest with the lengthy injuries to Kayal, Rosenior, Bong, Goldson and Duffy this season, I have next to zero sympathy for those that any other team suffers.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
To be honest with the lengthy injuries to Kayal, Rosenior, Bong, Goldson and Duffy this season, I have next to zero sympathy for those that any other team suffers.

Yep, my only sympathy is with his injury type, it sounds nasty. Apart from that I wish them every hamstring, groin, pulled muscle, ligament damage etc possible.

Anyway I wish Hogg a speedy recovery in time for their pre-season.

Fnd_hudds

That Huddersfield Tosser
Feb 3, 2017
The Hogg injury is/was horrific and will affect our run in. We have replacements in Whitehead and Billing, but neither sum up the 'terrier identity' like Hoggy. It's really gutting, but we will push on and see what happens. This season is already a success greater than we could ever have dreamed, so anything from here on in is a bonus - there's still a lot of games (and potential injuries) to go!

The Stankovic injury is also really gutting, less from a first-11 view but more for his own development. He's a 'world class' centre back in the making (according to Wagner), who we brought over from BVB. To pick up such a bad ACL at the age of 20 could be really destructive for his career. Here's hoping he can recover and push on.

EDIT: For those asking about Mooy, he has been back in Huddersfield for a few days now (seen buying a ring for his fiance), after picking up a yellow int he last Oz game and very handily getting a suspension.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
The Hogg injury is/was horrific and will affect our run in. We have replacements in Whitehead and Billing, but neither sum up the 'terrier identity' like Hoggy. It's really gutting, but we will push on and see what happens. This season is already a success greater than we could ever have dreamed, so anything from here on in is a bonus - there's still a lot of games (and potential injuries) to go!

The Stankovic injury is also really gutting, less from a first-11 view but more for his own development. He's a 'world class' centre back in the making (according to Wagner), who we brought over from BVB. To pick up such a bad ACL at the age of 20 could be really destructive for his career. Here's hoping he can recover and push on.

EDIT: For those asking about Mooy, he has been back in Huddersfield for a few days now (seen buying a ring for his fiance), after picking up a yellow int he last Oz game and very handily getting a suspension.

Was the yellow deliberate?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yep, my only sympathy is with his injury type, it sounds nasty. Apart from that I wish them every hamstring, groin, pulled muscle, ligament damage etc possible.

Anyway I wish Hogg a speedy recovery in time for their pre-season.

I have no sympathy with the CLUB that they suffer a few injuries, but of course DO have sympathy with the actual players. Never nice.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
As good as Hogg may be, I think they are very well covered in the case of injuries. Didn't they field virtually a full second team in their very successful F.A. Cup exploits? I guess we can disregard any help in our quest for the Premier league from this disappointing injury for them and have to just get on with the final run in and make our own luck with our own efforts. I wouldn't want it any other way. If we can achieve the prize let's earn it.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
As good as Hogg may be, I think they are very well covered in the case of injuries. Didn't they field virtually a full second team in their very successful F.A. Cup exploits? I guess we can disregard any help in our quest for the Premier league from this disappointing injury for them and have to just get on with the final run in and make our own luck with our own efforts. I wouldn't want it any other way. If we can achieve the prize let's earn it.

Not really, defensive midfield is a key position which is sometimes underappreciated. They have Billing who is decent going forward but doesn't have the defensive discipline of Hogg, which can be key to a team like Huddersfield who have had a lot of 1-0 wins.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here