Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticket upgrades next season

I totally understand where the club are coming from and why they are doing this. In a nutshell I think they are saying we don't want people taking advantage of the fact they can secure a seat for the whole season for the nominal fee of a kids ticket and at the same time saying they don't want empties.

Well, let us upgrade then and they won't be empty. The last time I upgrading an under18 to an adult for a Cat A game I paid £28 including the booking fee. Why would the club not want this? The person we upgraded for was a family member who wanted to sit with the family. They could have bought a ticket in the north or south for only £2 more.

So I really don't see why this is taking advantage of the system.

The club should be doing the opposite and encouraging us to fill those empties on a school night and hopefully hook another BHA devotee in the process.

A) Make under 10 tickets more expensive but allow them to be used by an adult for an evening game.
B) have a decent, functioning ticket exchange

Sorted.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Easy Tiger, I think that would be a wee bit over the top. If the club spot that a season ticket seat has been empty 75% of the season they could write to the season ticket holder and ask why. Would that not be fair enough? If the STH writes back saying it's due to illness but they intend to come back when they can I expect the club would see that as reasonable reason.

You're assuming they would! A long term illness might mean the seat empty for far more than 25% but someone might be clinging to that ticket with the hope of recovery!

Seems to me that whilst we are on the up and there is a waiting list for tickets, the club seem to be getting very punitive about what STHs do when they can't make matches. It seems they are risking alienating fans that have stood by the club through thick and thin. Next will we be seeing that STH are required to buy their seats for all home cup games!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You're assuming they would! A long term illness might mean the seat empty for far more than 25% but someone might be clinging to that ticket with the hope of recovery!

Seems to me that whilst we are on the up and there is a waiting list for tickets, the club seem to be getting very punitive about what STHs do when they can't make matches. It seems they are risking alienating fans that have stood by the club through thick and thin. Next will we be seeing that STH are required to buy their seats for all home cup games!

Maybe they are trying to a) maximise revenue to reduce losses b) stop people taking the piss and c) trying different things to reduce the number of empty seats seen at every game (including sellouts)

Nit sure if any special circumstances apply in the case of illness. Suspect it would be considered.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Interesting extract from Man Utd ST terms and conditions.

30. For each home match, a Ticket Holder shall (on a match by match basis) be entitled to lend their Season
Ticket to a friend or a member of their family provided, in each case, that:
(a) the Ticket Holder: (1) shall be responsible for ensuring that the Authorised User complies with these
terms and conditions as if the Authorised User were the Ticket Holder; and (2) shall be liable for the
acts and omissions of the Authorised User; and any breach by the Authorised User of these terms
and conditions shall be deemed to be a breach by the Ticket Holder themselves;
(b) the Ticket Holder shall not in any way advertise or market the availability of their Season Ticket on a
loan basis (or otherwise) for any home match;
(c) at the request of the Club, the Ticket Holder shall provide the Club with the name and contact details
of any Authorised User;

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Maybe they are trying to a) maximise revenue to reduce losses b) stop people taking the piss and c) trying different things to reduce the number of empty seats seen at every game (including sellouts)

Nit sure if any special circumstances apply in the case of illness. Suspect it would be considered.

Trying to reduce the number of empty seats by limiting upgrading to just 6 times. Hmmmm.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Trying to reduce the number of empty seats by limiting upgrading to just 6 times. Hmmmm.

You can't pick a single restriction to prove a point. The club have to balance all the angles......or sell 25,000 'reserve your seat' season tickets and then let everyone upgrade depending on who is using it ?

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
If I was to use U21 ticket how would they know? Does the turnstile go different colour for different age groups ?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Has the option to buy been withdrawn then?
Not withdrawn as such, more that there was always only a limited window to buy them from the club.

You can still get them if you can ever track down an individual selling one.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Interesting extract from Man Utd ST terms and conditions.

30. For each home match, a Ticket Holder shall (on a match by match basis) be entitled to lend their Season
Ticket to a friend or a member of their family provided, in each case, that:
(a) the Ticket Holder: (1) shall be responsible for ensuring that the Authorised User complies with these
terms and conditions as if the Authorised User were the Ticket Holder; and (2) shall be liable for the
acts and omissions of the Authorised User; and any breach by the Authorised User of these terms
and conditions shall be deemed to be a breach by the Ticket Holder themselves;
(b) the Ticket Holder shall not in any way advertise or market the availability of their Season Ticket on a
loan basis (or otherwise) for any home match;
(c) at the request of the Club, the Ticket Holder shall provide the Club with the name and contact details
of any Authorised User;
Very interesting and very sensible.

In stark contrast with the spin we get from Barber about how lucky we are that BHA are willing to be flexible and turn a blind eye to this potentially troublesome practice by STHs...

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

amexer

Aug 8, 2011

with this system they are creating more empty seats not less. My friends fathers health is not great. He is ok now but seat empty for last 2 games because had already been upgraded 6 times. Doesnt make sense as not only would seat been occupied but club would have gained by increased price OAP to Adult.
Just dont understand why club prefer empty seat and some think this is abusing system

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
Starting to feel like there might need to be a bit of a collective representation of parents with v. young kids who are undoubtedly most effected by fixture changes to evening KOs. Traditionally at least it seemed evening KOs might make up 25 to 30% of the games in a season, 50% is quite a jump. Wouldn't mind hazarding a guess that this season is the most home league evening games potentially in the club's history!?
I would be more than happy to be part of a collective

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I would be more than happy to be part of a collective

NSK.jpg

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Not withdrawn as such, more that there was always only a limited window to buy them from the club.

You can still get them if you can ever track down an individual selling one.

I think you missed my point. Are you saying that the club will no longer sell a PSL for your own seat. I understand that there is a market place for people that bought one and now want to sell but presumably the majority of those are going to be 1901.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
My issue is that my 18 year son may (or may not depending on results) go to university next year. With the length of university holidays he may be able to attend 1/3 of the home games. He wants to maintain his season ticket with us so that in the future he can continue attending all Brighton home games.

My wife occasionally uses one of our parties season tickets if available but would rarely, if ever buy her own ticket to attend. I will be able to upgrade my son's ST from an 18-21 ticket to an adult ticket 6 times next year for my wife (or someone else) but will potentially have an empty seat for 6 to 10 home games.

The alternative is to give up my son's ST and have a person unknown sitting in the middle of our party and buy my son a ticket in another part of the ground for the matches he can attend. Then in 3 years time when he is back from university have my son sitting on his own in some other part of the ground.

I had the same issue last season and just upgraded to an adult going forward, means Mrs Hut gets to go as well.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
with this system they are creating more empty seats not less. My friends fathers health is not great. He is ok now but seat empty for last 2 games because had already been upgraded 6 times. Doesnt make sense as not only would seat been occupied but club would have gained by increased price OAP to Adult.
Just dont understand why club prefer empty seat and some think this is abusing system

As all home games will probably now be sold out, the season tickets for those can't go to a match should be put on clubs ticket exchange

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I think you missed my point. Are you saying that the club will no longer sell a PSL for your own seat. I understand that there is a market place for people that bought one and now want to sell but presumably the majority of those are going to be 1901.
As far as I am aware there was a fixed window for buying the PSL for your own seat that shut a few years ago, so there isn't an option to buy one for your own seat currently.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
As far as I am aware there was a fixed window for buying the PSL for your own seat that shut a few years ago, so there isn't an option to buy one for your own seat currently.

Yep, I think that's right. However, with home games starting to sell out much more frequently, the number of ST holders being at an all-time high, the (hush my mouth) possibility of PL football next season, with the extra demand that will inevitably cause from glory hunters, the recently announced crack down on "abuse", and the ability to generate some extra revenue, the club may be willing to re-open a window for current ST holders? No inside knowledge; just think it might be worth an email...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here