Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticket upgrades next season

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
So presumably:

Child season ticket + upgrade charge for every game < Adult ST?

Wouldn't the answer be to increase the price of the upgrade so if you upgraded every game you would still pay the equivalent of an adult ST? I must be missing something here.

Certainly don't want the club to lose any revenues but we are getting so many changes to conditions, rules & regulations that Barber will soon need to publish his very own Little Red Book!
No - if the cunning fan was going to every game they'd simply get an adult ST.

But if they knew they'd only go to ( for example ) 12 games, then it maybe that a very cheap child ST + 12 upgrades is a cheaper way of going to those 12 games AND SITTING WITH THEIR CRONIES than buying an adult ST.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I see now they have introduced a clause stating if the child doesn't attend the required amount of games the ticket can be canceled.

3.6 The Club reserves the right to cancel or relocate Family Stand season ticket holders, in the event the associated junior/concession season ticket is used for less than 25% of the home league matches, this will be assessed after ten home league matches have been played.

O'h for the return of P.O.T.G days

Mouse28

Nov 15, 2009
My issue is that my 18 year son may (or may not depending on results) go to university next year. With the length of university holidays he may be able to attend 1/3 of the home games. He wants to maintain his season ticket with us so that in the future he can continue attending all Brighton home games.

My wife occasionally uses one of our parties season tickets if available but would rarely, if ever buy her own ticket to attend. I will be able to upgrade my son's ST from an 18-21 ticket to an adult ticket 6 times next year for my wife (or someone else) but will potentially have an empty seat for 6 to 10 home games.

The alternative is to give up my son's ST and have a person unknown sitting in the middle of our party and buy my son a ticket in another part of the ground for the matches he can attend. Then in 3 years time when he is back from university have my son sitting on his own in some other part of the ground.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
I see now they have introduced a clause stating if the child doesn't attend the required amount of games the ticket can be canceled.

3.6 The Club reserves the right to cancel or relocate Family Stand season ticket holders, in the event the associated junior/concession season ticket is used for less than 25% of the home league matches, this will be assessed after ten home league matches have been played.

O'h for the return of P.O.T.G days

TBF it's a waste of a seat if someone is disinclined to go to more than 25% of matches. Hardly adds to the atmosphere when you have a supposed sell-out and there's hundreds, even thousands of empty seats. If there's people who want to go to every match, on the ST waiting list, I'd rather they had it than someone who barely goes.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
TBF it's a waste of a seat if someone is disinclined to go to more than 25% of matches. Hardly adds to the atmosphere when you have a supposed sell-out and there's hundreds, even thousands of empty seats. If there's people who want to go to every match, on the ST waiting list, I'd rather they had it than someone who barely goes.

Do you feel the same should be applied to 1901 tickets where they don't turn up?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Appreciate club may have evidence that child tickets purchased but not often used. However 6 game limit unfair on genuine person. If child for whatever reason eg evening games/sickness unable to attend for say 10 games it makes no sense club would rather have empty seat for 4 games and also supporter has to go on there own for these games.
Seems mad to me but now understand why so many empty seats even on sold out games. Why on earth do club prefer empty seat

If for whatever reason somebody cant go, then you should put the ticket up on the clubs ticket exchange, therefore allowing somebody to go in their place !

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Because actually hardly any are schoolnights. They are in the school holidays, summer holidays, half terms, Fridays or Saturdays.
PS: thats not a reason for only having 6. I guess thats what makes it worthwile in terms of admin, cost differences and is flexible enough without being meaningless. (eg: upgrade as many times as you fancy)

Okay, a home at 10.30pm or so for a non school night is probably okay, but a lot of kids won't be able to stay up for an evening game regardless of the day. Some will of course, depends on the child.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
My Youngest is 4 and has a season ticket, he simply can’t do evening games as he just falls asleep so this season he has missed or will miss 12 games evening games. We used the 6 upgrades by the Leeds Home Game. We upgrade my other boys ticket sometimes so that we don’t have an empty seat but it’s tough going for kids all these evening games. My 6 year old is always totally knackered on a Saturday after a Friday night game and due to this skips his football training.

There have only been 5 “School” night games that they both miss but I have only ever been with two empty seats for the Ipswitch game.
There always seems to be lots of empty seats around us in the family area. In fact I think two rows in front have had 3 seats empty almost every game.

Home Evening Fixtures 16/17
1. Forrest – Friday Night (Summer Holiday)
2. Rotherham – Tuesday Night (Summer Holiday)
3. Huddersfield – Tuesday Night
4. Wolves – Tuesday Night
5. Villa – Friday Night
6. Leeds – Friday Night
7. QPR – Tuesday Night (Xmas Holidays)
8. Sheff Weds – Friday Night
9. Cardiff – Tuesday Night
10. Ipswitch – Tuesday Night
11. Derby – Friday Night
12. Birmingham – Tuesday Night

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Given the number of weekday evening KO's we've had this season, I think 6 changes is very unfair, as anyone with an U10 is potentially not going to want them out that late on a school night. 6 would be fine if the number of week day evening games wasn't such a large portion of the fixture calendar.

Agree. The number should go up each time a match is moved from weekend to evening.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
If we do go up there are a lot less midweek games in the Premier League and potentially 1 or 2 Monday night games. I would question anyone who needs to change the seat 6 times in a season of 19 home games.

I think it is understandable so the Jnr Tickets arent abused.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
My Youngest is 4 and has a season ticket, he simply can’t do evening games as he just falls asleep so this season he has missed or will miss 12 games evening games. We used the 6 upgrades by the Leeds Home Game. We upgrade my other boys ticket sometimes so that we don’t have an empty seat but it’s tough going for kids all these evening games. My 6 year old is always totally knackered on a Saturday after a Friday night game and due to this skips his football training.

There have only been 5 “School” night games that they both miss but I have only ever been with two empty seats for the Ipswitch game.
There always seems to be lots of empty seats around us in the family area. In fact I think two rows in front have had 3 seats empty almost every game.

Home Evening Fixtures 16/17
1. Forrest – Friday Night (Summer Holiday)
2. Rotherham – Tuesday Night (Summer Holiday)
3. Huddersfield – Tuesday Night
4. Wolves – Tuesday Night
5. Villa – Friday Night
6. Leeds – Friday Night
7. QPR – Tuesday Night (Xmas Holidays)
8. Sheff Weds – Friday Night
9. Cardiff – Tuesday Night
10. Ipswitch – Tuesday Night
11. Derby – Friday Night
12. Birmingham – Tuesday Night

Agreed, it's not just school nights, any 19.45 KOs for little ones is really difficult, especially getting back after. It simply isn't fair to say a 4 or 5 year has to attend 75% of their ticket will be cancelled, and only allow 6 upgrades of that ticket. Don't think they have got this right with the youngest supporters.

Lush

Mods' Pet
The other problem is that if you decide that there are more than 6 games that your under 10 can't attend, you can't change their seat ticket to a full paying adult in the name of your mate, as season tickets are non-transferable.

So you either have to have an empty seat for those games, or let the other season ticket go and sit on your own, or go to the back of the queue for season tickets?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Agreed, it's not just school nights, any 19.45 KOs for little ones is really difficult, especially getting back after. It simply isn't fair to say a 4 or 5 year has to attend 75% of their ticket will be cancelled, and only allow 6 upgrades of that ticket. Don't think they have got this right with the youngest supporters.

There was a time when the club gave away whole blocks of tickets just to get the youngsters back to the club, but that was before we had a 1700 STH waiting list. Now it does appear they are no longer bothered with them.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yes, and not just the family stand. If you can only be bothered to go to less than 25% of matches, why have a ST ? Just buy a matchday ticket when you feel the desire to attend

25% seems a very low threshold, to me anyway

In terms of an U10 ticket, I think it is far from being bothered – every fixture change from 15.00 to 19.45 is hammer blow to our youngest fans. When you sign up for an U10 season ticket you don't actually expect 50% of the home games in a season to KO at 19.45. Why don't we just ban young kids altogether? We're doing a good enough job with the number of late KOs and new rules we're applying.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Yes, and not just the family stand. If you can only be bothered to go to less than 25% of matches, why have a ST ? Just buy a matchday ticket when you feel the desire to attend

25% seems a very low threshold, to me anyway

1901 STH's can give their tickets to family or friends without being charged with committing a criminal act and don't risk losing their tickets like everyone else.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
1901 STH's can give their tickets to family or friends without being charged with committing a criminal act and don't risk losing their tickets like everyone else.

As can normal ST holders if they purchase a seat licence, as every 1901er has, because it's a compulsory part of the deal. It's part of the reason a 1901 seat is more expensive (but only part, ofc).

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
How on earth is it abusing the system if my child cant go and willing to pay £30/35 for upgraded ticket

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
I think it's fair enough, if you have an season ticket that is used of less than 25% of games the club should write to the fan and ask for an explanation, if a reasonable on is not forthcoming then they should have it taken away. That seems fair enough, if you can’t make more that 5 or 6 home games out of a 23 home game season you should give that ticket to someone that will attend.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here