Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will we ditch the stripes again

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
When I first started watching Brighton in 1966 we played in an 'Arsenal' style kit of solid blue shirts and white sleeves. To me that has always been the proper Brighton kit, and I'd love us to return to it. I also liked the white kit we had sometime in the late 60s / early 70s. And yes I know the club started off in stripes and most people prefer them, it's just a personal thing.

However I can't be alone in hating the modern shirts with the striped fronts but sold backs; to me they're neither fish nor fowl. Let's have one or the other.

Me too - even down to 1966.

I like the stripes, but don't as you, like the white backs. Looks silly, in my view.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
Paul Barber confirmed at the Holbrook club forum (pre Christmas I think) that shirt design was complete and sponsor panel issue had been resolved. This would imply a plainer front area on the shirt at least.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Paul Barber confirmed at the Holbrook club forum (pre Christmas I think) that shirt design was complete and sponsor panel issue had been resolved. This would imply a plainer front area on the shirt at least.

A bit like Birmingham used to be in the 70s, blue shirt with one white stripe in the centre of the shirt

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Piece of cake then for Nike

4F1C886E-16F2-4975-AE49-D22276E70D2C-2277-00000224597E1554.jpeg

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

Or ditching Nike!!

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
But we didn't just ditch the stripes did we.
We were running out to Gonna Fly Now from Rocky.
So should we continue to run out to GOSBTS or change that as well?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Are you Vincent Tan in disguise BG? Red didn't do Cardiff a lot of good.

Going through the history of the First division and Premier League more teams wearing red have won it than any other colour. Apparently it is all to do with the fact Red shirts are the easiest to pick out and if you watch us playing a team in red it always looks as if they have more players on the field

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I would love to see us go with a left field shirt brand like Diadora or Asics if they can bring us some real quality material. Fu*k off the generic Nike and Adidas kits and stand out abit from the crowd, though I guess we have probably signed a good few year deal with Nike?

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Going through the history of the First division and Premier League more teams wearing red have won it than any other colour. Apparently it is all to do with the fact Red shirts are the easiest to pick out and if you watch us playing a team in red it always looks as if they have more players on the field

Sorry that's absolute rubbish. There is no way it looks like there's more of them.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Personally I love solid colours. For me blue shirts with white sleeves home and red, mustard or black shirts with white sleeves away

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury

Nothing to do with the colour. Just a coincidence that those who've won it most - Man U and Liverpool - play in red. If their colours had been blue with pink polka dots, they wouldn't have won any fewer titles.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Yes I read that too actually. Something about the brain subconciously picking out the brightest colours a split second more quickly, to enable players to pass to them.

But whatever the reason is, Arsenal, Liverpool, and Manchester Untited don't seem to have done too badly wearing red over the years.

Accrington Stanley on the other hand . . .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here