Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trip to Sussex with an 8 year old.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Cheers chaps, great suggestions (and rogero's). Keep em coming.

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
I took my 10 and 7 year olds to Battle on Saturday - started at the Abbey, then went for a walk around the battlefield (they'd both seen the Horrible Histories episode on the Battle of Hastings, so loved exploring the scene), finished off where Harold copped it, walked around the ramparts, and bought wooden swords in the shop. Cracking afternoon!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
You can take your 8 year old to go and look at the i360

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I am looking for suggestions for things to do when my 8 year old and I come back to Blighty for a visit. It is the first time I have been back in summer and would be interested in your ideas of things to do/visit in the Sussex area during June/July. We are thinking of castles etc and he loves animals.

Over to your collective wisdom NSC

Bad/JuniorFish

The Booth Museum of Natural History in Brighton, may sound an odd suggestion, but children seem to love the place, save for a rainy day maybe

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
What about Brighton Toy and Model Museum, under Brighton Station.

Great range of toys and really good model train layouts. I may not be a kid but I love visiting there.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Tilgate Park in Crawley is great for kids.

Weald & Downland Living Museum at Singleton nr Chichester ticks all the boxes. Usually a fair few demonstrations of how country life used to be going on that should keep the little 'un entertained

Amberley Chalkpits Museum - lots of stuff there to see and do.

All of the above are good days out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here