Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trip to Sussex with an 8 year old.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I am looking for suggestions for things to do when my 8 year old and I come back to Blighty for a visit. It is the first time I have been back in summer and would be interested in your ideas of things to do/visit in the Sussex area during June/July. We are thinking of castles etc and he loves animals.

Over to your collective wisdom NSC

Bad/JuniorFish

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Arundel = castle & birds.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Drusillas (Alfriston, E.Sussex). Especially outside UK school holidays in June/July.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Drusillas (Alfriston, E.Sussex). Especially outside UK school holidays in June/July.

Cheers, My mum lives just along the road from Drusillas so that has been a feature of my winter trips with the other kids.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Love bodiam castle, barcombe mills & middle farm

Is middle farm round Firle way, I have been to the farm shop there but can you visit the actual farm too?

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Yes. It's v small & the usual farm animals, but I've run round the hay barn playing with my kids like I was one & then there's the cider option after we've all had a bit of fun.
.can see the cows being milked - it's farm like rather than being a kids playzone.

Washbrooks at Hurstpierpoint is also nice

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Knockhatch adventure park, Hailsham. Farm, birds of prey demonstration, go-karts, rides and play areas. Great for kids.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Knockhatch adventure park, Hailsham. Farm, birds of prey demonstration, go-karts, rides and play areas. Great for kids.

Good thinking, never been there and just round the corner from my ma.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I am looking for suggestions for things to do when my 8 year old and I come back to Blighty for a visit. It is the first time I have been back in summer and would be interested in your ideas of things to do/visit in the Sussex area during June/July. We are thinking of castles etc and he loves animals.

Over to your collective wisdom NSC

Bad/JuniorFish

Slightly off piste, but if you're 8 year old is an Albionite, perhaps an Amex stadium tour?:thumbsup:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Slightly off piste, but if you're 8 year old is an Albionite, perhaps an Amex stadium tour?:thumbsup:

Sadly this one is my one child who isn't that interested, although I may drag him around during a trip to the Albion shop.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here