Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed lashes out and banned after not being picked for the first team

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's a tough one. He was very good last season, and been decent in the chances he's had this year. It's not his fault that we signed another striker head and shoulders better than him.

Head and shoulders? Hemed got 17 goals last season. Murray is on 18, although obviously could score a few more, but with more game time.
I think slightly better is a more accurate description. What is better is the partnership with Baldock, enabling Sam to score more goals.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
oo I'm not sure actually, I don't have my phone with me to check. The last tweet I saw showed a series of emoji's after the Leeds game. It started off with a frustrated face and then ended with an emoji his mouth zipped up. Maybe it's not his official one?

That was his instagram. I see that

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I watched the early stages of the Spain vs Israel match and the following were glaringly obvious:

1. Israel's loan striker Zahavi is clearly not in the same league as Hemed and completely fluffed their one chance when he was clean through on goal but got the ball caught in his feet and failed to hit the target. His international record - 32 matches, 6 goals vs Hemed's 25 matches, 15 goals tells its own story.
2. Israel were so negative it was obvious Spain were going to win from the start and the game would be long gone before the final stages.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Head and shoulders? Hemed got 17 goals last season. Murray is on 18, although obviously could score a few more, but with more game time.
I think slightly better is a more accurate description. What is better is the partnership with Baldock, enabling Sam to score more goals.

Pretty sure Hemed played more minutes last season than Murray has, surely? He had no real competition, whereas Murray hasn't played all of every game. We'll settle on better, as his all round game is quite a bit stronger than Tomer's also.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Pretty sure Hemed played more minutes last season than Murray has, surely? He had no real competition

That's about the strength of it IMHO. Hemed and Baldock's time to shine was last season. This season, with both Murray and Knocky contributing a hefty number of goals apiece, Hemed and Baldock are desperately playing catch-up, with varying degrees of success. Oh well.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That's about the strength of it IMHO. Hemed and Baldock's time to shine was last season. This season, with both Murray and Knocky contributing a hefty number of goals apiece, Hemed and Baldock are desperately playing catch-up, with varying degrees of success. Oh well.

All four are in double figures for goals scored

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
Interesting to hear others views on here. Seems many have a particular soft spot for Murray!

Both good players , very similar in my opinion. Difficult to compare to Hemed last year has we have an all round better side with better options this year. Don't you think Hemed would score more with a full season of Skalak and Knockaert, stronger defence with likes of Duffy. Norwood's set pieces etc. Also both have been allowed more rest this year as we have other options, and have probably played better for it.

Very similar, I think Hemed is better all round player but Murray more suited to this division, despite being out of form currently.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I bet, esp after last year, CH can't believe he's had all but a full season from Murray.

Tomer for Murray is the swap I always want Chris to make, but when it comes down to the bottom line Murray still manages to pop up with a goal to prove it would have been the wrong decision.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Looks like he has just apologised on Twittinstagram

IMG_20170328_143824.jpg...

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Anybody even care enough to translate? :shrug:

Took all of 2 minutes:

After the article published yesterday and the reactions that followed,
It is important for me to clarify a few things. The attempt to attribute to me statements about
Other players is far from reality. Who read the article
And not only the gate will notice that things were said otherwise differently
For different questions. I did not say anything bad about one player or another-
On the contrary, I emphasized that I was looking at myself and not at other players
So it's important to note that I had no intention of hurting the team
Professional and certainly not in the 'members' of the team.

Throughout all the years in which I have represented the team with respect, I have been running
Always acting professionally. Even when the coaches' decisions are contradictory
My desire to play and my numbers. It hurts me because I do not win
To the credit I deserve. The interview with me was done after the last game
In Spain, where I felt a tremendous disappointment resulting from my desire to give and contribute
To the success of the team. An athlete who is not disappointed when he does not play,
He's not a real athlete to me. Throughout my career always
It's hard to prove that I deserve to play and I will continue to do so. Until
End of my career I will always be proud to wear the national uniform
And after that, I'll keep fingers on the team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here